Earn your Associate Degree in Nursing and prepare for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).1
At a Glance
Complete your Nursing Bridge degree in as few as 12 months
Complete your Registered Nursing LVN to ADN degree in as few as 8 months
Earn your Associate of Science Degree and prepare for licensure exams1
Affordable tuition varies by location, learn more now
About the Program
What Will I Learn
Carrington’s Nursing Bridge and LVN to ADN programs enable licensed vocational or licensed practical nurses (LVNs/LPNs) to advance their skills and knowledge to become registered nurses.
Courses are designed to train LVNs/LPNs to become qualified to perform advanced functions such as devising patient care plans, starting intravenous drips, and dispensing certain types of medication.
Registered nurses provide some of the most critical health care available to patients. Whether it’s taking medical histories, recording vital signs and symptoms, performing diagnostic tests, drawing blood, or giving injections, they work in conjunction with other health care professionals to serve the sick or injured. Graduates of the Nursing Bridge and LVN to ADN programs earn an Associate of Science degree and are prepared to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN)*.
Upon completion of the Nursing Bridge program, graduates will be able to:
- Collaborate with the patient, family, significant others, and members of the healthcare team to provide safe, quality patient-centered care using the nursing process.
- Examine critical thinking and nursing judgement in the delivery of patient-centered care to promote and restore health for patients.
- Evaluate effective communication with patients, families, significant others, and other professionals within the context of the healthcare environment.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the legal and ethical framework of nursing.
- Create an environment that promotes caring and professionalism with consideration for the patient’s cultural/societal beliefs and practices.
- Apply scientific and evidence-based knowledge, regarding alterations in health, to guide actions which promote human flourishing and maintain patient-centered care.
- Integrate commitment, accountability, integrity, and discretionary judgment in their professional nursing role.
- Examine their role in safe healthcare delivery.
Upon completion of the LVN to ADN program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge to utilize the nursing process to provide care to clients in a variety of clinical settings
- Demonstrate academic preparedness to take the NCLEX-RN* examination
- Demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and professionalism
*Carrington College prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.
Student Life at Carrington College
We know college is a big step. But education can be the first step in building a better future. Your instructors, administrators and fellow students are there to help if you ever hit a bump in the road along the way. Carrington College offers a lot of great student support services designed to help you succeed.
From scholarships and grants to loans, we will help you understand how to search and apply for financial aid.3
Tutoring and Study Groups
For help with schoolwork, your instructors and Student Success Center staff are often available for tutoring or you can join in an open student study group.
Fixed Tuition Promise
How would you like to know what you’re going to pay, right from the beginning? We promise your tuition won’t change through the length of your program. It’s our commitment to you.3
Externships, Clinical Rotations and Fieldwork
Most programs include an opportunity to learn in the real world before you even graduate! You’ll earn impressive experience that looks great on your resume.
After graduating from the nursing bridge or LVN to ADN program, we’ll help you with your career search with everything from resume writing help to job search support to interview tips.
Program Specific Disclosures
CALIFORNIA LICENSURE EXAM PASS RATES
The LVN to ADN program prepares graduates for an occupation in which passage of a California licensing examination is required. The link below shows exam passage rates for the most recent available year. If you have questions regarding the calculation of these rates please contact the agency listed.
California Board of Registered Nursing http://www.rn.ca.gov/education/passrates.shtml
Registered Nurses provide patient care in a variety of settings including hospitals, private medical offices, clinics and home health care services. Between 2019 and 2029 the employment for registered nurses is projected to grow 7% nationally, faster than average for all occupations, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.4
The average salary in May, 2019 for a registered nurse was $73,330 per year or $35.24 per hour based on national averages.4 For detailed regional information please visit https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes291141.htm#st. Be advised, salary for entry level positions may be lower than the national average.
Because patients in hospitals and nursing facilities need care around-the-clock, nurses often work in shifts. This means they will work nights, weekends, and holidays. They may be on-call, which means that they are on duty and must be available to work on short notice.
Cost & Financial Aid
Education is a major investment, but it’s an investment in your future. Every student comes to Carrington with unique financial needs. Carrington College is committed to helping you achieve your education goals. We participate in most financial assistance programs, both federal and state, as well as private financing. Each program has different requirements and application instructions. Student loans, grants, and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
For complete information on current tuition costs, please see the Academic Catalog.
The best way for us to understand your financial needs is to meet in person. Call (602) 492-1086 to set an appointment with our Student Finance Department so we can help you develop your personalized financial plan to achieve your educational goals.
Accreditation and Approvals
Carrington College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC/WASC), 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, 415 506 0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the US Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at accjc.org.
The Practical Nursing program at the Boise campus is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326, 404 975 5000, www.acenursing.org.
Carrington College holds full approval for its Practical Nursing program and its associate degree professional nursing education program. The Idaho Board of Nursing issued a certificate of approval. Board offices: 280 North 8th Street, Suite 210, P.O. Box 83720, Boise, ID 83720 – 0061, 208 334 3110, www.ibn.idaho.gov.
The California Board of Registered Nursing, PO Box 944210, Sacramento, CA 94244–2100, 916 322 3350, https://www.rn.ca.gov/index.shtml, approves the LVN to ADN program at the Sacramento campus.
For comprehensive information on Carrington’s accreditation and approvals, visit carrington.edu/accreditation.
Learn about our partnership with The DAISY Foundation, which honors the hard work and dedication of our nursing students and faculty.
- Carrington College prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.
- Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
- Fixed Tuition Promise is available for all Carrington College students who remain active and in good standing during the duration of their program. Students who withdraw or are withdrawn from school and are not reinstated within 180 days of their last date of attendance are subject to a tuition increase. Students who are required to repeat a course to fulfill graduation requirements are subject to additional expenses.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Registered Nurses, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm (visited February 16, 2021). Data reflects a national projected percentage change in employment from 2019-2029 and may not reflect local economic conditions.