Get ahead on your Gen Ed. Bypass the waitlist with FastTrack Pathway.
Do you need to complete coursework before starting a degree program at Carrington College or elsewhere? Then Carrington College’s FastTrack Pathway is for you! FastTrack Pathway is a series of general education courses and training to help students meet prerequisite requirements for other programs – and bypass the waitlists for general education courses found at other schools! Enroll now! Our team of education pros are standing by with an easy-entry plan setup with you in mind. The instructor-led courses are offered frequently, approximately every 2 months, and delivered using an approach to engage students and encourage interaction and participation. We’ll get you in, out, and on your way toward your degree.
Prerequisite Courses Offered at Carrington College
Prerequisite courses or “prereqs” are courses that must be completed prior to enrolling in specific Carrington College programs, or programs at another institution. Not all Carrington College programs have prerequisites, and prerequisite courses may vary by program. Some general education (GE) courses may also be available online. Completion of a program’s general education requirements at Carrington College does not guarantee entry into any of the programs. If you intend to transfer Carrington College courses to another institution, you must contact that institution directly to determine the transferability of units. Accepting transfer credits is always and only up to the receiving institution.
Science Emphasis General Education Courses
Science courses are 16 weeks in length at the Sacramento campus and 8 weeks in length at the Citrus Heights campus.
- BIO 14 Microbiology with Lab
- BIO 25 Human Anatomy and Physiology 1 with Lab
- BIO 26 Human Anatomy and Physiology 2 with Lab
- CHEM 6 Inorganic Chemistry with Lab
- CHEM 8.1 Organic and Biological Chemistry with Lab
Dates for Science Courses in Sacramento
- October 19, 2020 – February 12, 2021
- December 14, 2020 – April 9, 2021
- February 15, 2021 – June 4, 2021
Dates for Science Courses in Citrus Heights
- Oct 12, 2020 – Dec 6, 2020
- Jan 4, 2021 – Feb 28, 2021
- Mar 1, 2021 – Apr 25, 2021
- Apr 26, 2021 – Jun 20, 2021
- Jun 21, 2021 – Aug 15, 2021
- Aug 16, 2021 – Oct 10, 2021
- Oct 11, 2021 – Dec 5, 2021
Non-Science General Education Courses
Non-science courses are six weeks in length and are offered online.
- CLT 100 Computer Literacy
- COL 105 Critical Thinking
- ENG 101 English Writing and Composition
- HIS 150 U.S. Government
- HUM 200 Ethics in Contemporary Society
- HUM 250 Introduction to Humanities
- MAT 101 Principles of Mathematics
- MAT 151 College Algebra
- MAT 201 Intermediate College Algebra
- NUT 200 Principles of Nutrition
- PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
- PSY 155 Human Development Across the Lifespan 1
- SCI 210 Environmental Science
- SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology
- SPH 205 Interpersonal Communication
Dates for Non-Science Courses
- October 26, 2020 – December 4, 2020
- December 7, 2020 – January 15, 2021
How to Enroll in FastTrack Pathway.
To enroll in Carrington College’s FastTrack Pathway, please inquire with the appropriate campus admissions office or request more information.
What Carrington College Programs Have Prerequisite Requirements?
Some of Carrington College’s programs of study require prerequisite courses before starting. The following programs would need prerequisites:
Even if you are not enrolling in a program that requires prerequisites, it can be a smart idea to take these courses preemptively to get ahead on your studies.