1001 Menaul Blvd. N. E.
Albuquerque NM 87107(505) 200-3745
Mon-Thu 7:30AM – 10:00PM, Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM, Saturday 9:00AM – 1:00PM
Mon-Thu 9:00AM – 7:00PM, Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Medical and Dental Programs
Medical assistants perform a wide variety of functions in clinical settings including hospitals, physicians offices, and outpatient care centers. At our Medical Assisting program in Albuquerque, instructors help you gain hands-on experience that will allow you to:
- Perform clerical functions, bookkeeping functions, and process insurance claims within the medical office setting
- Conduct a variety of diagnostic tests using equipment, materials, and techniques within the scope of practice
- Perform and assist with routine patient procedures and care as they relate to a medical setting
- Maintain supplies and equipment as it relates to a medical setting
The Medical Assisting certificate program at our Albuquerque campus can be completed in as few as 9 months.
Train to work alongside dentists and dental hygienists as a dental assistant in as few as 9 months with our Dental Assisting certificate program in Albuquerque. Students studying dental assisting will learn subjects ranging from the anatomy of the head and mouth to sterilization techniques to front-office operations. Dental assistants can be the face of a dental practice, greeting patients and scheduling appointments as well as helping with procedures.
Our Pharmacy Technology program in Albuquerque offers courses that cover topics including knowledge of pharmacy calculations, drug distribution systems, characteristics of drugs, and how to prepare sterile dosage forms. Prepare to work as an entry-level pharmacy technician by taking our combination of theoretical and hands-on classes and complete your certificate in as few as 9 months.
If you dream of working alongside doctors in healthcare settings like hospitals, outpatient care clinics, and more, consider registered nursing. The Associate Degree in Nursing program in Albuquerque prepares students to provide health care duties including taking medical histories, recording vital signs and symptoms, performing diagnostic tests, drawing blood, giving injections, and more. Classes combine classroom lectures with practical training and clinical exercises. This program can be completed in as few as 23 months.
Study anatomy and physiology, terminology, function, and structure of the body’s muscular, skeletal and internal systems, and ethical, legal, and business concerns on your path to work in massage. Students in our Massage Therapy program in Albuquerque can earn a certificate of achievement in as few as 9 months. Our qualified instructors provide both classroom lectures and hands-on training to give you the information and experience you need to be able to:
- Talk with clients about problems with stress, pain and their medical history
- Develop and propose client treatment plans
- Massage the muscles and soft tissues to treat medical conditions, injuries or to maintain overall wellness
- Maintain records of prognosis, treatment, response and progress
- Instruct clients about techniques for postural improvement, stretching, relaxation and rehabilitation exercise.
Be on the forefront of health insurance practices as a medical secretary trained in medical billing and coding. Carrington’s Medical Billing and Coding program in Albuquerque combines theory and practical training to help you prepare for your career. Students learn to accurately interpret medical records and code the information for submission to insurance companies. Complete your certificate in as few as 9 months.
*This program is available in a Blended Online Format.
For those interested in nursing who would like to get into the working world a bit faster, our Practical Nursing certificate program in Albuquerque helps prepare students to take The National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN)* exam in as few as 12 months. You’ll get real-world experience in a clinical setting, helping you feel comfortable and confident in a professional setting before you even graduate.
*Carrington College prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.
Train for a Career at Carrington College
Albuquerque Campus’ Career-Preparation Programs
Easy Student Access
Carrington College’s Albuquerque Campus provides hands-on training in a number of medical programs in New Mexico. Carrington College’s Albuquerque, N.M., campus is centrally located just west of I-25 on Menaul Boulevard. Transportation is available, with the campus conveniently located near the 8 bus stop at Menaul Broadbent.
Our campus offers almost 35,000 square feet of space tailored to hands-on training and one-on-one interaction between instructors and students. The campus provides fully equipped science labs and a simulation lab that uses computerized human patient simulators and custom-designed scenarios to help students develop skills and build confidence.
Classrooms Geared for Learning
The campus includes high-tech classrooms with ceiling-mounted LCD projectors and a medical library equipped with reference materials, textbooks and journals. The Carrington library website offers online resources and professional organization information.
A Genuine College Experience
At Carrington College Albuquerque, you can enjoy a small college experience where you can get the attention you deserve. Here, your instructor will not only know you by name, but they can also get to know you as a person. You will know what to expect from your career in the real world because many of our instructors bring practical working experience from their field into the classroom.
“As an educator for over 18 years, I appreciate the support Carrington College provides to our students to help them be successful. With our Instructors, Program Directors, Student Success Center, Career Service Advisors and Online Tutoring, our students have all the necessary resources to help them reach their goals!”
- Individuals seeking to enter this career field may be subject to screenings such as, but not limited to, criminal background checks and drug/alcohol testing prior to externship, to attain occupational licensure/certification or employment, and throughout their careers.
- Individuals seeking to enter this career field may be subject to screenings such as, but not limited to, criminal background checks and drug/alcohol testing prior to externship, to attain occupational licensure/certification or employment and throughout their careers. CPR certification is required for licensure/certification.