About Student Finance

Your education is a big investment, and at Carrington College, we believe no investment offers more potential. A new career can transform your life, and we want to do all we can to help make that happen. Carrington College has an entire team here to help you find ways to make your education more affordable. We participate in most financial assistance programs, both federal and state, as well as private financing. Each program has different requirements and application instructions. Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.

It can sound intimidating, but that’s where we come in.

The Student Finance Department at each Carrington College location has the resources and expertise to help guide you step-by-step through the financial aid process.

Every student comes to Carrington with unique financial needs. The best way for us to understand yours is to meet in person. Call 1-877-206-2106 to set an appointment with our Student Finance Department so we can help you develop your personalized financial plan to achieve your educational goals.


A loan is a form of financial aid that must be repaid. Qualification may be based on need, and in some cases, a credit check may be required. In addition to government-funded student loan programs, many financial institutions offer educational loans to qualified students.



Unlike a loan, a grant does not need to be repaid. Grants are available through federal and state programs, as well as various organizations. Carrington College participates in a variety of grant programs, for which you may be eligible.



Federal work study provides part-time work for qualifying students on or off campus. Wages are paid directly to the student through a combination of federal and institutional or agency funds.


Pell Grants are awarded to students who qualify and have not yet earned a Bachelor’s degree. The program is based on the number of enrolled credits.


FSEOG are grants for undergraduate students who have not earned a prior Bachelor’s degree and show exceptional need. FSEOG grants can range up to $600 per academic year for those who qualify.1 The federal government provides the school with a limited pool of money. When the funds are exhausted, no more funds are awarded for the year.


Some states have grant and scholarship programs that provide funding to students based on financial need or academic qualifications. Recipients are typically required to:

  • Attend a location within the state of legal residence
  • Provide proof of residency, and
  • Complete the FAFSA


Scholarships are awarded based on merit, need or other qualifications determined by the person or organization issuing the aid. They do not need to be repaid. Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.


Graduating high school seniors or those who have graduated high school during the most recent academic year may be eligible for the Carrington High School Scholarship of $1,000 to apply toward tuition.

Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify:

  • Satisfy Carrington admission requirements
  • Begin classes by December 31
  • Submit high school transcripts evidencing a CGPA of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
  • Maintain a CGPA of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale for continued eligibility

As well as submit the following by the published deadline:

  • Completed scholarship application
  • Two letters of recommendation
  • 50-150 word essay about why the student is interested in a career in the chosen field

Carrington College scholarship awards cannot exceed tuition charges and will be applied directly to those charges. In the event that a student’s tuition charges are less than the scheduled scholarship award, the scholarship will be reduced to the amount of the tuition charge. In the event of early withdrawal, the scholarship award will be limited to the same percentage of tuition earned in accordance with the college’s refund policy. The deadline for submission of scholarship applications and accompanying materials is September 30 of the graduation year.


FAFSA® stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Filling out your FAFSA® is the first step in finding out if you qualify for financial aid2. It can be overwhelming, but it’s an important part of getting help paying for school. We’re here to let you know why your FAFSA® is so important. Read our article What is FAFSA® and Why Should I Care to learn more!

What is FASFA® and Why Should I Care?


  • Albuquerque
  • 014550
  • Mesa
  • 014550
  • Phoenix
  • 014550
  • Reno
  • 015667
  • Spokane
  • 030425
  • Boise
  • 015667
  • Mesquite
  • 015667
  • Pleasant Hill
  • 009748
  • Sacramento
  • 009748
  • Stockton
  • 009748
  • Citrus Heights
  • 009748
  • Online
  • 009748
  • Ontario
  • 009748
  • San Jose
  • 009748
  • Tucson
  • 014550
  • Las Vegas
  • 014550
  • Phoenix East
  • 014550
  • Portland
  • 030425
  • San Leandro
  • 009748

State Notices

For Washington State residents seeking information and resources about student loan repayment or seeking to submit a complaint relating to your student loans or student loan servicer, please visit www.wsac.wa.gov/loan-advocacy or contact the Student Loan Advocate at loanadvocate@wsac.wa.gov