Real World Skills
Start Your Path
Carrington’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing program focuses on enhancing leadership, research, and education to prepare graduates for today’s advancing and rapidly evolving health-care needs, and anticipating the health care needs of tomorrow.
What Will I Learn?
Critical Thinking and Communication
New Patient Care Technology
Safe and Professional Care
As an RN with a BSN, you’ll have advanced skills and knowledge that may provide you with career growth opportunities. Nursing job duties can vary depending on the level of nursing you are practicing and the state in which you are licensed. Speak with a Carrington College Representative to learn more about nursing education from Carrington. Here are some examples of benefits you may gain from earning a BSN degree, according to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing:1
- Research has shown that fewer medication errors and positive patient outcomes are all linked to nurses prepared at the baccalaureate and higher degree levels
- Employers are seeking nurses with capabilities to provide exceptional direct patient care across varying settings and who can function using the fullest extent of their nursing license, including:
- Abilities to make complex clinical decisions
- Manage patient care transition
- Supervise support personnel
- Ability to guide patients through various health care resources
- Knowledge to educate patients on treatment regimens and healthy lifestyle adoptions
Visit the Student Consumer Information page for important information on program outcomes.
Cost & Financial Aid
Education is a major investment, but it’s an investment in your future. Every student comes to Carrington with unique financial needs. Carrington College is committed to helping you achieve your education goals. We participate in most financial assistance programs, both federal and state, as well as private financing. Each program has different requirements and application instructions. Student loans, grants, and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
For complete information on current tuition costs, please see the Academic Catalog.
The Carrington College Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is offered online and the degree is conferred by the College’s Sacramento, California campus.
Accreditation & Approvals
Carrington College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC/WASC), 331 J Street, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95814; 415- 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at www.accjc.org.