Practical Nursing Merit Scholarship
Carrington College – Albuquerque and Boise Campuses are offering a $5,000 merit-based scholarship to incoming students that have achieved academic success in their prior education. This scholarship, in the amount of $5,000, would be made available to each student that meets the following eligibility requirements:
- The incoming student has not previously been enrolled in a Practical Nursing or Vocational Nursing program at a Carrington College Campus, and
- The incoming student is a graduate of any Certificate of Achievement or Associate Degree Program at any Carrington College campus. (This does not include the Phlebotomy Certificate of Completion Program or Completion of Non-Degree Seeking Coursework), or
- The incoming student can present an official transcript for a completed high school diploma program at an institution recognized by the state or national government from which it was issued, and/or official college transcript(s) from an institution of higher learning accredited by an agency that is recognized by the United States Department of Education, that shows a Cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applications must be submitted for review by the scholarship committee by the end of the add/drop period. The scholarship amount of $5,000 will be applied as credits on the students account according to the following schedule: $2,000 credit for the first two semesters and $1,000 for the third semester. No cash alternative will be offered. The Scholarship is non-transferable.
Dental Hygiene Irving Wohl Memorial Scholarship
Carrington College – Mesa has allocated funds to honor the memory of Irving Wohl to one deserving Dental Hygiene student for each incoming cohort of students in the program at the campus.
Irving Wohl was well-known in the Mesa community and was a strong advocate of Carrington College. He would regularly get his teeth cleaned on his birthday in the Dental Hygiene clinic, all the way up to his 105th birthday. Irving will always be remembered by our students and this scholarship is dedicated to his legacy and impact on the community.
Carrington is now accepting applications from any student that meets the following criteria:
- Is enrolled in the Dental Hygiene Program at Carrington College – Mesa
- Submits a completed application along with an essay 500-words or less on “How a Dental Hygiene Degree prepares me to serve my community and improve the health of the public.”
Applications are to be submitted via email to MesaDHscholarship@carrington.edu. The essay and application should be attached as a Word Document. The deadline to submit your application is July 28, 2023.
The winner will be selected by the Dental Scholarship Committee based on the quality of their essay.
The Committee will announce their selection on August 11, 2023. The scholarship amount of $1,000 will be applied to the selected student’s account. No cash alternative will be offered. The Scholarship is non-transferable.
High School Graduates
Graduating high school seniors or those who have graduated high school during the most recent academic year may be eligible for the Carrington High School Scholarship of $1,000 to apply toward tuition.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify
- Satisfy Carrington admission requirements
- Begin classes by April 30
- Submit high school transcripts evidencing a CGPA of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Maintain a CGPA of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale for continued eligibility
As well as submit the following by the published deadline
- Completed scholarship application
- Two letters of recommendation
- 50-150 word essay about why the student is interested in a career in the chosen field
Scholarship awards cannot exceed tuition charges and will be applied directly to those charges. In the event that a student’s tuition charges are less than the scheduled scholarship award, the scholarship will be reduced to the amount of the tuition charge. In the event of early withdrawal, the scholarship award will be limited to the same percentage of tuition earned in accordance with the college’s refund policy. The deadline for submission of scholarship applications and accompanying materials is December 31 of the graduation year. Student loans, grants, and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
The Pacific Dental Services® Foundation is proud to offer the Dr. Carolyn Ghazal Dental Assistant Scholarship, which provides students with need-based financial aid, mentorship, and on the job training. Named after Dr. Carolyn Ghazal and her heart for service, the scholarship aims to mold the next generation of passionate, servant-hearted, dental assistant leaders. Scholarships are awarded based on application excellence, financial need and a heart for service. To apply for consideration click here.
Paying For College at Carrington College
Your education is a big investment, but like most investments, it takes some amount of money up front. A new career can transform your life, so paying for education shouldn’t stand in the way.