Attending college is not just all about grades, certificates and degrees; it’s also about self-development. It’s about making the most of the opportunities to learn, making the most of your tutors’ insight and experience, and having the desire to absorb as much knowledge as possible, soaking up every bit of information that comes your way.
One of the things that sets Carrington College California apart from other career schools, in our opinion, is that our faculty are just as interested in their students’ personal development, as they are in their professional development.
A certificate or an associate degree may well open the door to opportunities to progress your career, but it will be the individual that will decide whether they can take advantage of those opportunities.
So how do you make the most of this chance and develop your ‘self’ during your time at Carrington College California?
- Consider your time at Carrington as preparation for your future life. Treat your studies with the same respect and diligence as you would a new job; it’s good practice.
- Join any clubs or take part in any activities that can help you learn more about your subject, and help you build your soft skills and confidence.
- Consider volunteering in the community; it will build your confidence, communication skills, and self-esteem.
- Don’t be afraid to get to know your faculty and advisors. They are here to help you fulfill your potential.
- Read professional journals, visit the library, and scour the internet to read all you can about your future career.
- See if you can join a professional organization related to your intended career before you graduate.
- Make the absolute most of the externship experience; not only to practice your technical skills, but to practice all that goes with ‘working life’ in your new career.
- Work with your campus Career Services department on your soft skills; craft a resume, polish your interview skills, and build your confidence.
All across the country, college students are provided instruction and information every day; whether those students choose to receive and absorb that information is a choice defined by their characters.
Only you can define your future success; the qualification that you are working towards at Carrington College California will be a valuable tool to open doors, but you have the key to your own success by being the best that you can be.
©2012 Carrington Colleges Group. All Rights Reserved. Programs vary by location.