Discounts Your Student ID Can Get You
College can be a very exciting time in your life, but your poorest time too. While it can be stressful on your finances, there are ways you can get discounts with your student ID. Here’s what we found that can help you save and afford to eat something besides Ramen Noodles for dinner.
- Academic Superstore: this site provides student discounts on electronics and other necessary things for college.
- Amazon Student: Amazon student members get exclusive discounts on a variety of products and categories, six months of free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime, and email alerts for discounts and promotions.
- AMC Theatres: discounted tickets every Thursday.
- Amtrak: Buy one full-fare ticket for high school juniors and seniors who want to visit a campus.
- Ann Taylor LOFT: 15% off in-store.
- Ann Taylor: 20% off in-store.
- Apple: 8% off (online and in-store).
- Banana Republic: 15% off in-store.
- Blockbuster: various discounts for student. Present your card at your local store to find out.
- Broadway in Chicago: Students get discounted tickets for as low as $14.50 for selected performances.
- Burger King: 10% off in-store with a valid student ID.
- Charlotte Russe 1: 10% off in-store with a valid student ID.
- Club Monaco: 20% off regular-priced items
- Dairy Queen: 10% off in-store with a valid student ID.
- Dell University: Savings differ by college.
- Dominos Pizza: Discounts based on location. Ask your local store representative before you order.
- The GM College Discount: Gives discounts on Chevrolet, Buick and GMC vehicles.
- Harkins Movie Theatre 2: Discount depends on location, times and dates.
- HP Academy Store: offers exclusive student discounts on laptops and desktop computers. Sign up online.
- J. Crew: 15% off selected items.
- JourneyEd: Save up to 85% on computers, electronics, software and other necessities.
- Kroger: 5% off at limited locations.
- The Limited : 15% off in-store with a valid student ID.
- McDonald’s: 10% off at select locations with a valid student ID.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: Discounts vary. Check the website for details.
- Papa John’s: Student discounts vary by location.
- Pizza Hut: Discount depends on location.
- Qdoba: Discounts vary depending on the day.
- Ralph Lauren Rugby: 15% off in-store.
- Regal Theaters: $1.50 off Sunday-Thursday evenings.
- Sam’s Club: Depending on location, students can be eligible to receive a Collegiate Annual Membership for $40 plus FREE $15 Sam’s Club gift card.
- Subway: 10% off in-store.
- Topshop: 10% off online.
- Urban Outfitters: Save 10% on select dates only.
- Waffle House: 10% off.
There are a lot more stores that offer discounts and you can even save when you travel. Remember to always ask while you’re out shopping because a lot of places don’t advertise that they give discounts with a student ID. Check with your local public transportation systems for discounts also.
Leave a comment and let us know some of the places you’ve gotten a discount by using your student ID.