Spokane, Washington Pharmacy Technology Program
Pharmacy Technology – Your future is written in Spokane, WA
Classes start as soon as:
Jun 17th, 2013
Pharmacy Technicians, always supervised by licensed Pharmacists, receive and fill prescriptions safely and accurately for their patients, usually in retail and hospital pharmacy settings. The Pharmacy Technology program at our Carrington College Spokane campus provides students with the knowledge and technical skills that employers expect of an entry-level Pharmacy Technician.
If you’re looking at Pharmacy Tech schools in Washington State, then there are a few things that we’d like to share with you about our Spokane Pharmacy Technology college:
- The program culminates in a Certificate of Achievement in Pharmacy Technology
- The Spokane certificate program can typically be completed in as few as nine months
- Students practice dispensing prescriptions and compounding medications in a unique mock pharmacy setting
- Our Spokane Pharmacy Technology classes prepare you for the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) national certification exam*
Enjoy a small dose of reality on our Spokane Pharmacy Technology program
As a Spokane Pharmacy Technology student, you can experience a dose of reality during a clinical externship in a real-world pharmacy setting where you can practice your new skills before graduation. This valuable experience is, of course, in addition to the theoretical and practical training you receive in a mock pharmacy setting on our Spokane campus.
Students in Spokane are taught pharmacy calculations, medical and pharmaceutical terminology, as well as the abbreviations and symbols used when prescribing, dispensing, and documenting medications. They learn about drug distribution methods, the chemical and physical characteristics of drugs, and how to prepare sterile dosage forms.
The Spokane Pharmacy Tech program also prepares students to sit the national certification exam, which if successfully passed, results in the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) credential; the credential needed for licensure.* Graduates from this program should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Perform all the tasks that employers expect of entry-level Pharmacy Technicians
- Receive, verify, fill, and prepare prescriptions
- Maintain patient profiles and histories
- Understand the legal and ethical guidelines involved
Spokane Pharmacy Technicians – The profession is flourishing
The prescription drug industry is changing every day. Advances in computer technology are making it more technical, and more efficient than ever before. At our Spokane campus, we help students to meet the increasing demand for highly trained pharmacy professionals.
This demand is confirmed by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics; they have forecast that employment of Pharmacy Technicians will grow by 31 percent from 2008 to 2018; that’s much faster than the average for all occupations.** Pharmacy Technicians with previous experience, or who have completed formal training like our Spokane Pharmacy Technology program, or are certified, may enjoy the better employment opportunities.
Pharmacy Technology classes are enrolling soon at our Spokane campus; so isn’t it time you spoke to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative about writing your own prescription for success?
* Carrington College prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.
**Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).