San Leandro, California Medical Assisting Program
San Leandro, CA - A Medical Assisting education to be proud of!
Classes start as soon as:
Jul 29th, 2013
San Leandro, CA 94578
If you’re considering a healthcare career and are researching medical schools in the San Leandro area, then give some thought to studying the Carrington College California Medical Assisting program at our San Leandro campus. It's a program, and a qualification, to be proud of; here are a few key things you need to know:
- If successfully completed you will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting
- You will benefit from practical training and hands-on experience
- You will be prepared for the national certification exams*
- The certificate program can typically be completed in as few as 9 months
- You can learn the clinical, laboratory and administrative skills necessary to apply for entry-level Medical Assistant positions in physicians' offices, clinics, and health care centers
A comprehensive Medical Assisting program in San Leandro, CA
Medical Assistants perform simple patient related tasks and carry out front office administration functions. Valued for their versatility, Medical Assistants prep patients and explain procedures, they measure vital signs, sterilize medical instruments, give injections, and more.
Supported by a knowledgeable and experienced faculty, our students are prepared to take the national certification examinations after they graduate.* These exams need to be passed in order to attain the Registered Medical (RMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential, which is required for licensure. Graduates should leave our San Leandro program with the skills and the confidence to:
- Sit the RMA or CMA credentialing exams*
- Perform simple patient care procedures
- Deal with patients compassionately and confidently
- Perform a variety of diagnostic tests and procedures using different techniques, equipment, and materials
- Efficiently accomplish the necessary office duties
- Process insurance claims accurately and efficiently
- Display their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development, and also show respect and responsibility
Your future in Medical Assisting starts in San Leandro
If you would like to work in healthcare, you need to know that Medical Assisting is a growing, dynamic profession that is reaching out for a new generation of trained professionals. The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecast that the number of available Medical Assistant jobs will increase by 34% by 2018; that is much faster than the average for all occupations, making it one of the fastest growing professions in healthcare.**
Medical Assisting classes are enrolling soon in San Leandro, CA, so get your future healthcare career started by having a chat with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative to assess your options.
* Carrington College California prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program. Medical Assisting certification is nationally recognized and maybe required in some states. Although not required in all states, certification indicates that a Medical Assistant meets certain standards of knowledge.
**Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).