If you’re considering a healthcare career and are researching medical schools in the San Leandro area, then give some thought to studying the Carrington College Medical Assisting program at our San Leandro campus. It’s a program, and a qualification, to be proud of; here are a few key things you need to know:
- If successfully completed you will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting
- You will benefit from practical training and hands-on experience
- Our San Leandro campus Medical Assisting program prepares students to sit for the national certification exams to attain the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential and the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential.1
- The certificate program can typically be completed in as few as 9 months2
- You can learn the clinical, laboratory and administrative skills necessary to apply for entry-level Medical Assistant3 positions in physicians’ offices, clinics, and health care centers
A comprehensive Medical Assisting program in San Leandro, CA
Medical Assistants perform simple patient related tasks and carry out front office administration functions. Valued for their versatility, Medical Assistants prep patients and explain procedures, they measure vital signs, sterilize medical instruments, give injections, and more.
Graduates should leave our San Leandro program with the skills and the confidence to:
- Perform simple patient care procedures
- Deal with patients compassionately and confidently
- Perform a variety of diagnostic tests and procedures using different techniques, equipment, and materials
- Efficiently accomplish the necessary office duties
- Process insurance claims accurately and efficiently
- Display their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development, and also show respect and responsibility
Your future in Medical Assisting starts in San Leandro
If you would like to work in healthcare, you need to know that Medical Assisting is a growing, dynamic profession that is reaching out for a new generation of trained professionals. According to ONet Online, employment of medical assistants is expected to grow 22% from 2012 to 2022; that is much faster than the average for all occupations, making it one of the fastest growing professions in healthcare.4
Medical Assisting classes are enrolling soon in San Leandro, CA, so get your future healthcare career started by having a chat with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative to assess your options.
Click here for student outcomes data, based on the most recent annual report submitted to the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB) and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).