Dental Hygienists are licensed oral health professionals who provide preventive, educational, and therapeutic dental services to their patients. The Dental Hygiene program, available at our Sacramento campus, can provide students with the practical experience and education they need to help them succeed in a Dental Hygiene career.
So if you are looking for dental schools in Sacramento, or for colleges that can offer you Dental Hygienist training, you should add the Dental Hygiene program at the Carrington College Sacramento campus to your list of Dental Hygiene degree programs to consider.
- Sacramento graduates are awarded an Associate of Science degree in Dental Hygiene
- Our program is designed to meet the needs of clinics, dentists’ offices, and hospitals
- Our Dental Hygiene program prepares you for the legal and professional requirements of the profession
- Students receive training in the Dental Hygiene process of care
- We prepare our graduates to take the Dental Hygiene National Board and state licensing exams1
You can shine on our Sacramento Dental Hygiene program
The experienced, friendly and extremely knowledgeable Dental Hygiene program instructors at our Sacramento campus make sure that their students understand the framework for devising and delivering personalized oral care programs, known as the Dental Hygiene Process of Care.
The faculty also prepare students with the skills, knowledge and confidence to take the Dental Hygiene National Board exam, and state licensing examination.2 Their goal is to equip graduates with the knowledge and training that will help them shine in a Dental Hygiene career, they should have the skills and confidence to:
- Communicate confidently and professionally with patients and colleagues
- Administer local anesthesia
- Observe oral abnormalities and record patient issues
- Offer periodontal therapies like plaque or stain removal
- Take oral x-rays, and apply fluoride and fissure sealants
- Apply research advances to the oral care provided
A healthy career can await Dental Hygienists
According to The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for Dental Hygienists is expected to grow 33% from 2012 to 2022, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.3
So if you would like to start a career in dental care, and join a growing profession, you should talk to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today. Dental Hygiene classes will be enrolling soon at our Sacramento, CA campus, so make the call today.