If you live in Pleasant Hill, CA and would like to start a career in nursing, why not consider Vocational Nursing as a first step? Working under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, Doctor or other licensed physician, Licensed Vocational Nurses1 (LVNs – also known as Licensed Practical Nurses in some states) provide basic care for patients experiencing common, well-defined health problems.
The Vocational Nursing program, available at our Pleasant Hill campus, provides students with the necessary skills for entry-level nursing employment in environments such as hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, or physicians’ offices. The Pleasant Hill Nursing program also prepares students for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN)2, successful completion of which results in the Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) credential.
If you’re looking for a nursing school in Pleasant Hill, add our Vocational Nursing program to your list of programs to consider because:
- It culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Vocational Nursing
- The program combines classroom instruction, laboratory practice, and clinical experience
- Our Pleasant Hill nursing faculty prepare you for the real-world challenges that LVN’s face every day
Start your nursing career at our Pleasant Hill Vocational Nursing college
The Vocational Nursing program available at our Pleasant Hill campus can provide the skills, knowledge and experience that will enable you, once you gain your license, to offer patients basic levels of care and support. Vocational Nurses provide compassionate care, helping patients with their simple daily needs such as eating, bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene. Students in our Pleasant Hill Vocational Nursing program are taught how to measure and record vital signs, to dress wounds, to give injections, and collect samples for testing.
Successful graduates of the Pleasant Hill Vocational Nursing program should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Enjoy a career helping doctors and other medical professionals provide truly compassionate care
- Use the nursing process to care for patients in a variety of healthcare environments
- Demonstrate their academic readiness to take the NCLEX-PN exam2
- Display their critical thinking and information management skills
Pay attention Pleasant Hill! Vocational Nursing is growing!
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurses is expected to grow 25% between 2012 and 2022.3
So, if you’d like to take the first step into a nursing career, perhaps you should speak with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative? It could be a conversation that changes not only your life, but the lives of numerous future patients for the better. Our Pleasant Hill Vocational Nursing classes are enrolling soon; so why not make that call today?