If you are looking for a healthcare career where you can provide vital compassionate care for patients, then you should consider the Practical Nursing certificate program at our Boise, ID campus. Practical Nurses1 (known as Vocational Nurses in some states) work under guidance of a Registered Nurse or licensed Physician to care for patients experiencing common, well-defined health problems.
If you’re looking for a Boise nursing school, you should consider the Boise Practical Nursing certificate program because:
- Our Boise program provides students the hands-on experience they need to help them succeed in a entry level Nursing career
- Students enjoy a mix of lab practice, classroom instruction, and clinical experience during an externship
- A mix of academic and clinical training prepares Boise students for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN)2
- Upon licensure, Practical Nurses can apply for positions in hospitals, residential care facilities, doctors’ offices and clinics, nursing homes, or in home health care
Study Practical Nursing in Boise – A truly rewarding career
If you want a career where you can help doctors and other healthcare professionals to provide truly compassionate care for people, then consider a career as a Practical Nurse; you may find it very rewarding. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of licensed practical / vocational nurses is expected to grow 25% between 2012 and 2022.3
Our Boise Nursing program is very practical
The knowledgeable, passionate instructors at our Boise campus prepare their Practical Nursing students for the real-world challenges they will face once they gain licensure4 and start their careers. Students are equipped to provide basic bedside care to patients; they can learn to help patients with bathing, dressing, eating, and with personal hygiene. They are taught how to dress wounds, measure and record patients’ vital signs, prepare and give injections, and collect samples for testing.
Once students successfully complete the Practical Nursing certificate program at our Carrington College Boise campus, they should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Demonstrate their academic readiness to take the NCLEX-PN exam2
- Implement the nursing process and provide care for patients
- Demonstrate their proficiency in critical thinking and information management
Practical Nursing Classes will be enrolling soon at our Boise campus, so discuss your future in nursing with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today.