Gainful Employment Disclosures
Select from the dropdowns below to view the appropriate Gainful Employment disclosure.
23% growth from 2014-2024
(Much faster than average growth) 2
About 9 months (Certificate)3
Less than 2 years (Associate Degree)3
1. Program availability varies by location
2. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Medical Assistants, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-assistants/htm (visited February 22, 2016).
3. Not including breaks. Program length by weeks and admission requirements can be found here in the academic catalog.
Classes start as soon as November 28, 2016*
Which Locations Offer the Medical Assisting Program?
How Easy Will It Be to Get a Job as a Medical Assistant?6
You have to remember…a lot of that depends on you, but the odds are in your favor. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there should be more opportunities for medical assistants with the right skills and education. In fact, they project the addition of about 138,900 jobs for medical assistants between 2014 and 20244. And there are some great reasons for this growth, including:
- As baby boomers age, there’s an increased demand for preventative medical services.
- As physicians expand practices to accommodate more patients, they’ll hire more medical assistants to perform routine administrative and clinical duties.
- The number of people with access to health insurance is expected to continue to increase, which means more patients will have access to medical care.
- Medical assistants work mostly in primary care, a steadily growing sector of the health care industry5
4. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Medical Assistants, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-assistants/htm (visited February 22, 2016).
6. Individuals seeking to enter this career field may be subject to screenings such as, but not limited to, criminal background checks and drug/alcohol testing prior to externship, to attain occupational licensure/certification or employment, and throughout their careers.
Where can you work as a Medical Assistant?7,8
Medical Assistants working in physicians’ offices help with both administrative tasks like bookkeeping and clinical responsibilities. You’ll be able to record vital signs and conduct a variety of diagnostic tests. You’ll also draw blood samples, give injections and remove sutures as directed by the physician.
Working as a medical assistant in an outpatient facility means you’ll be able to help patients from the time they walk through the doors until the time they leave. You’ll show patients to examination rooms and prep them for the physician. You’ll also explain treatment procedures, medications and physicians’ instructions.
Some hospitals employ medical assistants to help care for patients. In a hospital, you might be responsible for conducting diagnostic tests such as EKGs. You could also assist physicians with surgical procedures and clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
7. Carrington College does not guarantee employment, nor employment within specific locations, facilities or salary ranges.
The Health Care Field is Constantly Growing. Be a Part of the Future.
You’re ready to start your career, and we’re ready to help you get there. Medical assistants are key to the health care industry, and earning your certificate or associate degree9 from Carrington College will help you learn the skills necessary to perform common clinical procedures and administrative tasks. From learning phlebotomy and venipuncture techniques to lab safety, you’ll learn from qualified instructors and get hands-on training that will prepare you for your career. In addition to the classroom and lab time, you’ll complete an externship, giving you real world experience before you graduate.
Our program is built to give you the information and experience you need to be able to:
- Perform clerical and bookkeeping functions, such as scheduling appointments and the processing of insurance claims
- Recording vital signs and conducting a variety of diagnostic tests, such as EKGs
- Drawing blood samples, giving injections and removing sutures as directed by the physician
- Assisting with routine patient procedures
9. Program availability varies by location
Five-year weighted average placement rate
Based on the most recent annual report submitted to the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB) and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP):
- Citrus Heights: 61.77%
- Pleasant Hill: 55.03%
- Sacramento: 61.65%
- San Jose: 71.43%
- San Leandro: 63.56%
- Stockton: 61.15%
- Pomona: No data to report, to date.
iPad mini™ in the Classroom10
Carrington College students can leave those heavy backpacks at home. Starting this year, we’re replacing books with an iPad mini™11. That iPad mini™ will be loaded up with the books needed for class, bringing technology into the classroom to enhance teaching and learning.
10. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
11. Not available in all programs or at all locations.
How Does Carrington College Support Me As A Student?
We know college is a big step. But education can be the first step in building a better future. Your instructors, administrators and fellow students are there to help if you ever hit a bump in the road along the way. Carrington College offers a lot of great student support services designed to help you succeed, including:
From scholarships and grants to loans, we will help you understand how to search and apply for financial aid12.
Tutoring and Study Groups
For help with schoolwork, your instructors and Student Success Center staff are often available for tutoring or you can join in an open student study group.
Fixed Tuition Promise
How would you like to know what you’re going to pay, right from the beginning? We promise your tuition won’t change through the length of your program. It’s our commitment to you13.
Externships, Clinical Rotations and Fieldwork
Most programs include an opportunity to learn in the real world before you even graduate! You’ll earn impressive experience that looks great on your resume.
After graduation, we’ll help you with your career search with everything from resume writing help to job search support to interview tips.
Support Outside the Classroom
You’ll have access to a confidential14 service called ASPIRE. Specialists can help you work through personal problems, legal issues, childcare referrals, housing assistance or financial concerns.
12. Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
13. Fixed Tuition Promise is available for all Carrington College students who remain active and in good standing during the duration of their program. Students who withdraw or are withdrawn from school and are not reinstated within 180 days of their last date of attendance are subject to a tuition increase. Students who are required to repeat a course to fulfill graduation requirements are subject to additional expenses.
14. All information shared with the ASPIRE program is strictly confidential unless the student consents otherwise or law requires.
COMPARE THE VALUE
There are a lot of factors to think about when choosing a college, and you want to make sure you’re asking the right questions. That’s why we’ve created this comparison chart, to help you do your homework about what’s included in the cost of your program.