Practical Nursing Program Overview
Carrington College’s Practical Nursing program trains future licensed practical nurses with the skills and knowledge necessary to work in nursing and residential care facilities, hospitals, and physicians’ offices. Our program is designed to provide the classroom education and hands-on training you need to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse. Upon completion of the Practical Nursing program, graduates will be able to:
- Implement the nursing process in providing care for patients in a variety of clinical settings
- Demonstrate academic preparedness to take the NCLEX-PN examination for licensure as a
- Demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively, communicate clearly and act professionally.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the national average mean salary for a licensed practical or licensed vocational nurse in May 2019 was $23.31 an hour or $47,480 annually. 1 For detailed regional information visit https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes292061.htm#st
The projected employment growth of licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses is 9% between 2019 and 2029. This is much faster than the average job growth in the same period2.
Certificate of Achievement in as few as 12 months
2. Bureau of Labor Statistics 2018 wage data and 2018-2028 employment projections . “Projected growth” represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2018-2028). “Projected job openings” represent openings due to growth and replacement. Data reflects a national projected percentage change in employment from 2018-2028 and may not reflect local economic conditions. For more information visit https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/licensed-practical-and-licensed-vocational-nurses.htm#tab-6