The LVN to RN Registered Nursing associate degree program at our Sacramento campus provides Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) with the opportunity to progress their careers by studying to become Registered Nurses (RNs). LVNs and RNs have many have common duties, but upon licensure, a graduate of our Registered Nurse program should have an appreciably superior scope of practice, education, and clinical training when compared to a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
Our Sacramento Registered Nursing program allows LVNs to build on the credit they earned during their Licensed Vocational Nurse training (also known as Licensed Practical Nurse in some states). It enables LVNs in the Sacramento area to expand their skills and knowledge, and take their career to the next level. So if you’re looking for an LVN to RN school in Sacramento, put Carrington College California on your list of programs to consider because:
- The program culminates in an Associate of Science degree in Registered Nursing
- Graduates are prepared for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN)*
- Our Sacramento faculty prepare their students to meet the increased responsibilities faced by RNs
- The intensive 8 month program mixes formal instruction with clinical exercises
A demanding, but satisfying LVN to RN program in Sacramento, CA
The role of a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVNs) is a natural entry point into the nursing profession for many; and many LVNs choose to complete the requirements to become a Registered Nurse later in their career. But LVNs looking to advance their career in Sacramento need to know that our 8 month RN associate degree program is intensive and demanding. In fact we recommend that students don’t work more than 20 hours a week while on the program; they need to keep their schedule flexible to accommodate the different course and clinical requirements.
The experienced Nursing faculty at our Sacramento campus prepare their students to sit the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Graduates of the Registered Nursing (LVN to RN) degree associate degree program at our Sacramento campus should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN)*
- Explain treatments, prep patients, take medical histories, record vital signs, and symptoms and more
- Administer treatment and medications, draw blood and give injections
- Help perform diagnostic tests and analyze the results
- Help with patient follow-up and rehabilitation
Earn your Registered Nursing associate degree in Sacramento, CA
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates employment of Registered Nurses will increase by 26% from 2010 to 2020 and that’s much faster than the average for all occupations.** Our Sacramento Registered Nursing degree program is enrolling soon, so if you’re ready to take your nursing career to the next level, talk to a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative today.