Massage therapists 1 bring positive well-being to clients via therapeutic and remedial treatments.. Carrington’s Massage Therapy program covers massage therapy principles and techniques, including Swedish massage, sports massage and deep tissue applications, and prepares students for entry-level employment as massage therapists and/or to enter private practice.
CLASSES START July 22, 2019*
*Class start days may vary by location or program
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Select from the dropdowns below to view the appropriate Gainful Employment disclosure.
1. Individuals seeking to enter this career field may be subject to screenings such as, but not limited to, criminal background checks and drug/alcohol testing prior to externship, to attain occupational licensure/certification or employment and throughout their careers. CPR certification is required for licensure/certification.
2. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/massage-therapists.htm (visited July 12, 2018). Data reflects a national projected percentage change in employment from 2016-2026 and may not reflect local economic conditions.
3. Not including breaks. Program length by weeks and admission requirements can be found here in the academic catalog.
Which Locations Offer the Massage Therapy Program?
*Certificate is awarded from the Phoenix North campus.
What Will I Learn
A Day In The Life
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the job outlook like for a Massage Therapist?6
Well, that’s going to depend a lot on you. But according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there should be more opportunities for massage therapists with the right skills and education. In fact, employment of massage therapists is projected to grow at least 26% between 2016 and 2026 4. And there are some reasons for this growth, including:
- More states are adopting licensing requirements and standards for therapists, so more people are utilizing massage to treat pain and improve overall wellness.
- As more health care providers understand the benefits of massage, demand will likely increase as these services become part of treatment plans.
- Massage offers specific benefits for particular groups of people whose continued demand for massage services (like sports teams) will lead to overall growth for the occupation.
- The number of massage clinic franchises has increased in recent years.5
4. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/massage-therapists.htm (visited July 12, 2018). Data reflects a national projected percentage change in employment from 2016-2026 and may not reflect local economic conditions.
5. http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/massage-therapists.htm#tab-6 (visited July 12, 2018).
6. Individuals seeking to enter this career field may be subject to screenings such as, but not limited to, criminal background checks and drug/alcohol testing prior to externship, to attain occupational licensure/certification or employment, and throughout their careers.
Where can you work as a Massage Therapist?7,8
Massage therapists can work as part of an overall wellness team at a spa. In this environment, you might work alongside aestheticians, hair stylists and other beauty professionals to provide a whole body experience to clients.
Working in a franchised clinic means you’ll be part of a team of massage therapists. You’ll have others to learn from and share techniques with. The purpose of these clinics is primarily massage, so you’ll play a key role in client satisfaction.
Massage therapists working in a physicians’ office can perform a wide range of massage services for patients who are seeking treatment for other conditions. You’ll work as part of the overall wellness team to help patients feel better.
Working as a massage therapist at a hotel means you get to help guests feel relaxed and comfortable. Depending on the size of the hotel you might work with a team of massage therapists, or you could be the only one on staff.
People come to fitness centers to work out their muscles, and it’ll be your job to help relieve that tension and stress. You’ll get the chance to work with clients to help them achieve their fitness goals.
7. Carrington College does not guarantee employment, nor employment within specific locations, facilities or salary ranges.
8. Individuals seeking to enter this career field may be subject to screenings such as, but not limited to, criminal background checks and drug/alcohol testing prior to externship, to attain occupational licensure/certification or employment, and throughout their careers.
You Already Have the Tools. Let Us Help You Turn Them Into a Career.
Your hands, your heart and your passion are part of who you are. They’re powerful tools that can change a person’s life. With the touch of a hand, you can melt away the stress of a bad day. It’s time to learn how to use that power. The Massage Therapy program at Carrington College was designed with you in mind. Our qualified instructors with real-world experience are here to teach you the skills you need to succeed as a massage therapist. Our Certificate of Achievement program includes classroom instruction and hands-on practice. You’ll complete an externship, giving you real world experience before you start your career. We’re setting you up for success. Our program is built to give you the information and experience you need to be able to:
- Talk with clients about problems with stress, pain and their medical history
- Develop and propose client treatment plans
- Massage the muscles and soft tissues to treat medical conditions, injuries or to maintain overall wellness
- Maintain records of prognosis, treatment, response and progress
- Instruct clients about techniques for postural improvement, stretching, relaxation and rehabilitation exercise.
How Does Carrington College Support Me As A Student?
We know college is a big step. But education can be the first step in building a better future. Your instructors, administrators and fellow students are there to help if you ever hit a bump in the road along the way. Carrington College offers a lot of great student support services designed to help you succeed, including:
From scholarships and grants to loans, we will help you understand how to search and apply for financial aid9.
Tutoring and Study Groups
For help with schoolwork, your instructors and Student Success Center staff are often available for tutoring or you can join in an open student study group.
Fixed Tuition Promise
How would you like to know what you’re going to pay, right from the beginning? We promise your tuition won’t change through the length of your program. It’s our commitment to you10.
Externships, Clinical Rotations and Fieldwork
Most programs include an opportunity to learn in the real world before you even graduate! You’ll earn impressive experience that looks great on your resume.
After graduation, we’ll help you with your career search with everything from resume writing help to job search support to interview tips.
9. Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
10. Fixed Tuition Promise is available for all Carrington College students who remain active and in good standing during the duration of their program. Students who withdraw or are withdrawn from school and are not reinstated within 180 days of their last date of attendance are subject to a tuition increase. Students who are required to repeat a course to fulfill graduation requirements are subject to additional expenses.