Sacramento, California Vocational Nursing Program
Vocational Nursing in Sacramento - Make a positive difference
Classes start as soon as:
Jul 1st, 2013
Vocational Nursing is a wonderful profession in which to start your health care career. The Vocational Nursing program at our Sacramento campus can provide the skills you need to help you find entry-level nursing employment in a hospital, clinic, nursing home, physician's office, or similar healthcare setting. If your goal is to provide compassionate care to patients, assist physicians, and generally make a difference every day you go to work, then give some serious consideration to studying Vocational Nursing in Sacramento.
The faculty members who teach our Nursing program also prepare students to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN)*, graduates need to successfully complete this exam to be awarded the Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) credential. (LVNs are also called Licensed Practical Nurses in some states.)
If you’re researching Sacramento nursing schools, or looking at different Vocational Nursing programs, make sure that you
- Our program culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or Associate of Science degree in Vocational Nursing
- You learn your skills through a blend of classroom instruction, laboratory practice, and clinical experience
- Students are prepared for the NCLEX-PN licensure exam*
- Our nursing faculty are passionate about sharing their knowledge and insights
- Graduates of our Sacramento Vocational Nursing program are prepared to pursue opportunities in settings such as surgery, trauma, geriatrics, and pediatrics
Earn your degree at our Sacramento Vocational Nursing school
Working under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, doctor or other licensed physician, Licensed Vocational Nurses provide bedside care for patients experiencing common, well-defined health problems. They assist patients with their simple daily needs such as eating, bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene.
The LVN education available at our Sacramento campus can provide you with the skills, knowledge and experience to enable you, once you gain your license*, to offer your patients this very necessary care and support. You will be taught how to measure and record vital signs, how to dress wounds, give injections, and collect samples for testing. The Vocational Nursing program in Sacramento produces graduates who have the skills and the confidence to:
- Display their academic preparedness to take the NCLEX-PN exam*
- Use the nursing process to care for patients in a variety of healthcare environments
- Assist doctors, registered nurses, and other medical professionals and provide truly compassionate care
- Display their critical thinking and information management skills
Vocational Nursing is projected to grow by 21%! Enroll now Sacramento!
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the number of available LVN/LPN jobs will grow 21% between 2008 and 2018; that is much faster than the average for all occupations.** To take your first step toward a new career, talk with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative. Your conversation could transform your life, and put you in a position where you could help transform the lives of numerous future patients. Vocational Nursing classes will be enrolling soon in Sacramento, so now is the time to make a change.
*Note that admission to, or graduation from, our Nursing program does not guarantee obtaining a license or certificate to practice nursing. Licensure and certification requirements are the exclusive responsibility of the State Board of Nursing. Completion of the Vocational Nursing Associate of Science degree requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the Carrington College California Registered Nursing LVN to RN program.
** Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).