Students at our Carrington College Phoenix Westside campus receive the hands-on training and experience they need to help them succeed in a career as a Medical Radiographer. Our Medical Radiography associate degree program enables our west Phoenix students to assemble the knowledge and skills they need to use diagnostic level radiation and instrumentation to produce medical images of the human body.
That’s the role of a Medical Radiographer; they help medical professionals identify illnesses, injuries, and medical conditions – from broken legs to heart conditions – by providing images of the body area in question. As you search for Medical Radiography schools in Phoenix, consider the advantages that Carrington College can offer our Radiography students here at our west Phoenix campus:
- Students can learn through a combination of formal classroom instruction and hands-on, practical training
- Our Phoenix Radiography program is accredited by The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technologists (JRCERT)
- Graduates of our west Phoenix degree program are eligible to take the national certification exam*
Phoenix Medical Radiography students can imagine bright futures
The U.S. Bureau of Labor & Statistics forecasts that employment of Radiologic Technologists is expected to increase by about 28% from 2010 to 2020.** Why? Because as the U.S. population grows and gets older, there will be an increased demand for diagnostic imaging because with age comes increased incidence of illness and injury, which often requires imaging for diagnosis.
Picture your progress on our Phoenix Medical Radiography program
The Medical Radiography program at our west Phoenix campus can prepare our students for careers in this specialized field by giving them the chance to learn the skills needed to carry out entry-level radiographic procedures in a professional setting.
Taught their skills by a knowledgeable, friendly faculty here in west Phoenix, our students enjoy a mix of classroom instruction and hands-on training that adds up to a radiography education that can give graduates the experience and training needed to help them succeed in their future careers. Once our students graduate they should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Ensure proper patient positioning
- Administer appropriate drugs and prepare chemical mixtures to assist in the imaging process
- Ensure proper exposure for optimum film resolution, and minimal radiation exposure for the patient
- Demonstrate their proficiency in critical thinking and information management
The Medical Radiography program at our Phoenix Westside campus culminates in an Associate of Science degree in Medical Radiography. Graduates of the degree program must then successfully complete the certification examination administered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Classes will be enrolling soon, so if you can picture yourself as a Radiographer, why not talk to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative about your options at our west Phoenix campus?
Click here for program effectiveness data from the medical radiography program as reported in the JRCERT Annual Report.
The following information about our Medical Radiography Program may be found in the downloadable Academic Catalog:
- The Program’s Mission statement
- Student learning outcomes
- Admission policies
- Tuition and fees
- Refund policies
- Academic calendars
- Academic Policies
- Clinical obligations
- Grading System
- Graduation Requirements
- Criteria for transfer credits