From the delivery of manual therapy, to the application of therapeutic heat/cold modalities, dressings or supports, the role of a Physical Therapist Assistant is truly ‘hands-on’. With the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasting that available jobs for qualified Physical Therapist Assistants will increase by about 45% through 2020*, perhaps it’s time to consider a career that could get you moving in the right direction. Get your career started with a Physical Therapist Assistant degree at Carrington College in Mesa, AZ.
A Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA), under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist, provides physical therapy services to patients typically suffering with medical problems/conditions that limit their ability to go about their normal daily lives. Our Mesa Physical Therapist Assistant associate degree program can teach you all the skills expected of an entry-level Physical Therapist Assistant, because:
- The Mesa PTA program is a mix of classroom instruction, lab practice, and practical clinical experience
- The Physical Therapist Assistant associate degree program at Carrington College’s Mesa campus is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: www.capteonline.org
- Our five-year grant of accreditation from CAPTE demonstrates our commitment to student education and success;
- Our Mesa Physical Therapist Assistant associate degree can be typically completed in five semesters, or about two years
- It prepares students to sit for the national examination
Practical Physical Therapist Assistant training in Mesa, AZ
Students of our Mesa PTA associate degree program receive formal instruction on physical therapy courses including anatomy and physiology, kinesiology, patient communication, management of orthopedic and neurologic disorders, pathophysiology, and many other areas necessary to ensure students learn the right curriculum to help with the care of patients. The lab practice during the program and the hands-on clinical experience during an externship, prepares our students for entry-level positions after graduation as well as for the NPTE exam to obtain licensure.**
Our Mesa PTA program is challenging, but this ensures that students are learning the amount of training to help people recover from injury and heal properly. Graduates of our Mesa Physical Therapist Assistant degree program should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Be able to perform a variety of physical therapy services, while supervised by a licensed Physical Therapist
- Communicate confidently and professionally with patients and colleagues
- Demonstrate your proficiency in critical thinking and information management
Stretch yourself as a Physical Therapist Assistant student in Mesa
If you think you would enjoy working with people in a healthcare role where you could make a real, positive difference to the quality of peoples’ lives through exercise and other therapeutic treatments here in Mesa, AZ or wherever you start your career, then you should discuss your options with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative.
Our Mesa PTA program is the perfect choice for you because of not only our well-rounded training, but because of our accreditation from CAPTE, formally demonstrating the quality of our program.
The Physical Therapist Assistant program is available at our Mesa, AZ campus and culminates in an Associate of Science degree; classes are enrolling soon. The PTA program helps prepare graduates to take their necessary exam to become licensed.
Click here for Student Outcomes as reported in the 2013 Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) Annual Accreditation Report.**