Share Your Success
Success comes in many forms. As Carrington College students, you all measure your own personal success in completely different ways. Ask ten different students “What’s your biggest success?” and you’ll get ten different answers…
- My biggest success to date is just going back to school
- My biggest success is finally finding my passion
- My biggest success will be graduating from this program
- My biggest success was finding my first job in my new career after school
- My biggest success is being able to do this alone
- My biggest success is be able to give my kids a better future
- My biggest success is discovering that I can still learn after all these years
- My biggest success is juggling two jobs, school and a family…successfully
- My biggest success is that, after 20 years, I’m finally doing something I love
- My biggest success was seeing the look of pride in my father’s eyes at graduation
I just grabbed a dictionary and it describes “Success” as “The accomplishment of an aim or purpose”. So how you personally measure your success depends on your personal aims and goals; that’s why we all measure success differently. And that’s why there’s no right or wrong answer.
If you set out to be the first in your family to go to college, then making your parents proud at graduation is a fantastic measure of your success. If you struggled at certain points during your program, but wouldn’t let yourself quit, then graduating makes you a success before you start your career.
So, I put the question to you. What is your biggest success? Once you have your answer, and as we are in the Holiday season, the season for sharing, share that success with friends and family. Then ask them about their greatest success. Perhaps they haven’t had theirs yet?
If they are still searching for that ‘aha’ moment in life, why not invite them along to your campus? You don’t need to wait for an Open House – although we do have one coming up in the New Year on 01/07/14. Bring them to campus with you, or make an appointment for you both to meet with the Enrollment Services Representative who helped you find your success.
By seeing what you’ve achieved and experiencing where you go every day to change your life and your career, they may find some encouragement to do the same if they need that spark to get them motivated.
Many of our graduates advise us that they wouldn’t be where they are now if a friend, cousin, aunt, or brother hadn’t told them about their experiences at Carrington College. That could be the greatest gift you give a friend or a loved one this Holiday season – the encouragement and motivation to find their own success in 2014.