Stockton, California Veterinary Technology Program
Tough love needed to study Veterinary Technology in Stockton
Classes start as soon as:
Aug 12th, 2013
If you live in Stockton, CA, and are considering taking Veterinary Technology classes, you need to know that you have to be a tough and compassionate individual to work as a Veterinary Technician. It can be a physically demanding role that is tough on the emotions of an animal lover.
But you also need to know that Veterinary Technology is a growing profession; in fact the number of available Veterinary Technician jobs is forecast to increase 36% between 2008 and 2018 which is much faster than the average for all occupations.* So if you have ever dreamt of working with animals, you should consider studying the Veterinary Technology degree program at our Stockton campus:
- It culminates in an Associate of Science degree in Veterinary Technology
- The program is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association
- We prepare graduates for the California Registered Veterinary Technician State Board Examination**
- Our program includes a valuable externship in an animal care facility in Stockton
- Students learn their skills through a mix of classroom theory, practical instruction and hands-on experience
- Graduates are able to apply for entry-level positions in vets’ offices, animal hospitals & shelters and more
A practical Vet Tech program in Stockton
Veterinary Technicians are versatile employees who perform a range of tasks under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian, including surgical nursing, lab work, and office administration tasks. This is a hands-on profession; so our Stockton Veterinary Technology faculty use a skills-based approach in their teaching.
That means that as well as formal classroom lectures, our Stockton Vet Tech students also get the chance to work with live animals and animal simulators in regular laboratory sessions. They also benefit from working side-by-side with faculty members in actual veterinary settings, which gives them priceless clinical experience. Our graduates should leave Stockton with the skills and the confidence to:
- Collect patient information and maintain medical records
- Help vets to perform diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Collect lab specimens
- Assist with radiography and dental prophylaxes
- Demonstrate their critical thinking and information management skills
Projected 36% growth - Enroll in our Stockton Veterinary Technology degree today
Our Stockton Veterinary Technology associate degree program does emphasize the fundamentals of anatomy, physiology, chemistry, and biology, but it is not intended to be a pre-veterinary program. We provide graduates with the basic knowledge and practical training they need to apply for positions as entry-level employees in veterinary care facilities.
Speak with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative today to find out how you go about joining a profession that is growing much faster than the average for all occupations.* Veterinary Technology classes are enrolling soon at our Stockton campus, so make a call today that could change your life for the better.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).
** Carrington College California prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.