The Pharmacy Technology faculty at our Stockton campus take a measured approach to the Pharmacy Technician training they provide. What do we mean by that? Pharmacology is all about dosage, so we ensure that our Stockton Pharmacy Technology program includes just the right amounts of classroom study and practical experience; experience gained in a realistic simulated pharmacy setting on campus, and during an externship off campus.
The result of this approach are graduates that possess the skills and experience employers are looking for in an entry-level Pharmacy Technician. So if you’re researching Stockton Pharmacy Tech schools, you should add Carrington College to your list:
- Graduates are awarded an Associate of Science degree in Pharmacy Technology1
- Students are prepared for the National Certification Exam, resulting in the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) credential2
- Learn to compound medications and to chart & dispense prescriptions in a simulated pharmacy setting
- Gain the skills and experience needed to pursue a Pharmacy Technician career in a retail or hospital pharmacy
We prescribe real world experience on our Stockton Pharmacy Tech degree
Students can only learn so much in a classroom, such as the administrative skills and legal guidelines involved in the profession. But sometimes you just have to be on the job to learn the job. To give our students an advantage in a competitive field, we like them to get as much practical experience as possible. Where better to get experience than in a real-world pharmacy in Stockton prior to graduation?
Before their externship, students complete coursework which includes classes that cover pharmacy calculations, terminology, and drug distribution methods and systems. They are also taught the abbreviations and symbols used when prescribing, dispensing, and documenting medications, as well as the chemical and physical characteristics of drugs. Graduates should leave Carrington College in Stockton with the skills and the confidence to:
- Demonstrate their readiness to take the CPhT certification exam2
- Display their knowledge of the legal and ethical guidelines of the field
- Complete the duties expected of an entry-level Pharmacy Technician
- Maintain precise patient profiles & histories
- Prepare patient prescriptions
Pharmacy Technology jobs projected to grow 32% Stockton! Get started now!
As the industry looks for a new generation of qualified Pharmacy Technicians, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects employment of pharmacy technicians and aides to increase by 20% from 2012 to 2022, and that’s much faster than the average for all occupations.3
The BLS believes that Pharmacy Technicians who have successfully completed training programs like our Pharmacy Technology degree, those with previous experience, or those who are CPhT certified, are likely to enjoy employment opportunities in the coming years.
Pharmacy Technology classes are enrolling soon in Stockton. Speak to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today and write your own prescription for success.