52% – expected increase in Veterinary Technologist and Technician jobs between 2010 and 2020.* And that really is a number to bark about, because 52% is much faster than the average for all occupations.
The Veterinary Technology associate degree program at Carrington College California in San Leandro, CA, can provide you with a practical, hands-on Veterinary Technician education; training that can help you succeed in your goal to enjoy a career as a Veterinary Technician. San Leandro Vet Tech graduates should have the skills to apply for entry-level positions in places like vets’ offices, animal hospitals & shelters, and more.
So if you’re researching vet tech colleges in San Leandro, consider our Veterinary Technology classes because:
- Our program culminates in an Associate of Science degree in Veterinary Technology
- Students are prepared for the California Registered Veterinary Technician State Board Examination**
- The course is taught through a combination of classroom theory, lab instruction and hands-on experience
- The curriculum includes an externship in an animal care facility in or around San Leandro
- Our San Leandro Vet Tech program is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association
- Although not intended as a pre-veterinary program, it does emphasize the basics of chemistry, biology, anatomy, and physiology
Skills-based Veterinary Technology training in San Leandro
Supervised by a licensed veterinarian, Vet Techs may have a wide variety of duties within a veterinary practice. They can assist with surgical nursing, provide valuable lab assistance, and help with office administration duties. Because the tasks performed by a Vet Tech are fully hands-on, we make sure our training is equally practical.
Our San Leandro faculty have adopted a skills-based approach to teaching; laboratory practice on live animals and animal simulators is a regular part of the curriculum, and clinical experience working side-by-side with faculty members in real world situations also provides invaluable knowledge.
This level of practical training and experience, combined with the necessary formal classroom instruction, means that graduates of the Veterinary Technology degree at our San Leandro campus should possess the skills and the confidence to:
- Collect patient information and maintain accurate patient and owner records
- Collect lab specimens
- Help with diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Assist with radiography and dental prophylaxes
- Demonstrate their critical thinking and information management skills
Animal lover? You’ll adore our San Leandro Veterinary Technology classes!
To work in animal care you need to be tough and compassionate; it can be demanding emotionally and physically and we want prospective students to know that from the start. But it can also be incredibly rewarding. Veterinary Technology classes will be enrolling soon at our San Leandro campus, so talk to a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative today.