Would you like to learn the skills you need to help you join one of the fastest growing professions* in healthcare, giving you the opportunity to apply for a position in a physician’s office, clinic, or health care center? The Medical Assisting certificate or associate degree program at our San Jose campus can provide you with the level of expertise that an employer would expect of an entry-level Medical Assistant.
Medical Assistants are versatile team members; they prep patients, measure vital signs, sterilize medical instruments, give injections, and perform front office administration functions. This versatility and consequent ability to help a medical office function more efficiently is one reason why the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecast that employment of Medical Assistants will grow much faster than the average for all occupations.*
So if you’re looking to join the medical community in a position where you can provide direct patient care, consider studying the Medical Assisting program at Carrington College California in San Jose:
- The program culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting
- Graduates are prepared for the Registered or Certified Medical Assistant (RMA or CMA) credentialing exam**
- Enjoy practical training and hands-on experience during an externship that prepares you for life after school
- The San Jose Medical Assisting certificate program can usually be completed in as few as 9 months
Be prepared by our San Jose Medical Assisting faculty**
In addition to learning the clinical, administrative, and laboratory duties faced by a Medical Assistant, our faculty prepare students for the licensure exams. In order to gain licensure and earn the credential of Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), San Jose MA graduates need to pass the national certification exams. Our experienced Medical Assisting faculty use their extensive knowledge to deliver the practical training and hands-on experience their students need to help them graduate, then sit the credentialing exam with confidence, and go on to enjoy successful Medical Assistant careers.
Graduates of our San Jose Medical Assisting program should leave us with the skills and the confidence to:
- Take the RMA or CMA credentialing exams**
- Use a variety of medical techniques, materials, and equipment to perform diagnostic tests
- Accurately and efficiently process insurance claims
- Provide patients with compassionate care and perform office administration duties
- Demonstrate their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Display their personal and professional development, while always showing respect and responsibility
Medical Assisting is a fast growing profession – Enroll today San Jose!
Our Medical Assisting program has classes enrolling soon in San Jose. So if you would like to find out more about joining a growing, dynamic industry that needs a new generation of medical professionals to increase efficiency, talk to a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative today.
The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecast that the number of available Medical Assistant jobs will grow 31% between 2010 and 2020 which is much faster than the average for all occupations.* So make a call today and discover how you can get started with an education that could help you join one of the country’s fastest growing healthcare professions.