The students on the Dental Assisting program at our Sacramento, CA campus have plenty to be happy about! Why? Well here are 6 good reasons:
- Graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Dental Assisting
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of dental assistants is expected to grow 25% from 2012 to 20221
- Graduates are able to apply for and take the State of California Dental Board Examination for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant2
- The program is an enjoyable mix of lectures, lab work, and an clinical experience
- They are prepared for real world situations that will arise once they start work
- Students are prepared to seek x-ray certification and coronal polish certification2
Build skills & confidence on our Sacramento Dental Assisting program
Our Dental Assisting program students are taught valuable skills that include patient preparation, charting, and front office administration. They are given ample opportunity to gain experience through regular laboratory practice on campus and a clinical externship. This combination of experience enables them to build their confidence and, after graduation, to take the State of California Dental Board Exam for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant2 with a smile on their face!
If you’re looking at Dental Assisting schools in Sacramento, add the Dental Assisting program at Carrington College to your list because our graduates should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Help dentists by performing chair-side duties accurately and efficiently
- Show their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Take Radiographs (x-rays) and perform Coronal Polishes after licensure2
- Display their personal and professional development
- Always show respect and responsibility to colleagues and patients
Dental Assisting is a growing profession Sacramento! Enroll now!
Dental Assistants help dentists complete accurate and efficient examinations; they work directly with patients and dentists in chair-side procedures, provide post-operative care, instruct patients in proper oral health care and perform a range of administrative duties.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of dental assistants is expected to grow 25% from 2012 to 2022; a much faster rate than the average for all occupations.1 Our Sacramento Dental Assisting classes will be enrolling soon, so if you’ve ever considered a career in dental care now is the time to talk with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative.