Consider Becoming a Medical Billing and Coding Professional
Medical billing and coding professionals are very important to the success of any medical office because they perform critical tasks that include:
- Using medical billing software to prepare health claim forms
- Documenting and coding information for submission to insurance companies
- Organizing and maintaining patient medical records
- Accurately interpreting medical records, including diagnosis and procedures performed by healthcare providers
- Communicating clearly with physicians, patients, and other professionals
Carrington Builds Your Confidence With Every Credit
Our instruction combines theory and practice to meet the competencies needed for entry-level employment. It’s a blend of traditional learning, hands-on practice, and an externship – where you’ll work alongside real medical billing and coding professionals in an actual medical office.
At Carrington, you learn by actually doing the same things that you’ll do every day in your future career. It’s a great way to help you learn quickly and build your confidence. Along the way you’ll acquire a working knowledge of human anatomy and medical terminology, as well as comprehension of the legal, ethical, and regulatory standards of medical records management.
Earn Your Certificate of Achievement
At our Portland campus, you can earn a Certificate of Achievement in Medical Billing and Coding. As a Carrington student, you’ll enjoy some of the things that make learning on the Portland campus such a great experience, like caring instructors and classmates, a helpful administrative staff and a unique educational program that prepares you for the real world.