If your mobility or that of a loved one has ever been affected by injury, illness or age, you understand the value of physical therapy, and the role it can play in getting people moving again, helping them regain their independence. And as our population continues to age, the demand for physical therapy services will only increase.1
The hands-on Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Associate of Science degree program at our Pleasant Hill campus can teach students the skills they will need to apply for entry-level Physical Therapist Assistant positions. PTAs work with licensed Physical Therapists to help people rehabilitate after injury or illness, working to help increase mobility and enable people to, as far as is possible, get back to their normal lives.
Physical Therapy Assistants are licensed healthcare practitioners who may work in settings that include hospitals, rehab centers, nursing facilities, outpatient orthopedic clinics, schools and more. So if you’re looking for Physical Therapist Assistant programs in or around Pleasant Hill, CA, then add us to your list of schools to consider:
- The Pleasant Hill Physical Therapist Assistant program culminates in an Associate of Science degree
- The program mixes formal instruction, lab practice, and clinical experience during an externship
- The degree program can typically be completed in as few as two years 2
- We prepare our graduates for the National Physical Therapy Licensing Exam for PTAs3
Hands-on Physical Therapist Assistant classes in Pleasant Hill
Students on the Physical Therapist Assistant program in Pleasant Hill are taught a range of subjects that cover anatomy and physiology, kinesiology, and patient communication; they can put their new skills into practice in our labs on campus, and out in the real-world during three clinical externships.
This program prepares graduates for an occupation in which passage of a California Licensing examination is required. In California, licenses are issued by the Physical Therapy Board of California.
Graduates should leave Pleasant Hill with the skills and the confidence to:
- Demonstrate their readiness to take the National Physical Therapy Licensing Exam for PTAs3
- Assist patients with a range of physical therapy services
- Communicate confidently and professionally with patients and colleagues
- Exhibit their strong critical thinking and information management skills
Exercise your mind on our Pleasant Hill Physical Therapist Assistant program
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects employment for physical therapist assistants and aides to grow by about 41% from 2012 to 2022 — that’s much faster than the average for all occupations.1 Talk to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today, and get your career moving in Pleasant Hill, CA.
Click here for Student Outcomes as reported to the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
To learn more about our Public Comment Policy, please click here.