At the Carrington College Pleasant Hill campus, we think that hands-on, practical experience is a valuable part of the learning process. Because students can only absorb so much in a classroom, we have our Pharmacy Technology students practice their skills in a realistic simulated pharmacy setting on campus, and in an externship in a real retail or hospital pharmacy off campus in or around Pleasant Hill.
The Pharmacy Technology degree, available at our Pleasant Hill campus, can provide students with the skills and experience that employers look for when recruiting entry-level Pharmacy Technicians. So if you’re researching Pharmacy Tech schools in Pleasant Hill, you should consider the Carrington College Pharmacy Technology degree program:
- Our Pleasant Hill program culminates in an Associate of Science degree in Pharmacy Technology
- Graduates are ready to sit the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) national certification exam*
- Students learn to compound medications and to chart & dispense prescriptions
- Our students are prepared to pursue careers in retail and hospital pharmacies
Pleasant Hill Pharmacy Technician classes – Dose up on reality
The saying goes that you can never have too much experience; and where better to get real world experience than in a real-world Pleasant Hill pharmacy prior to your graduation. But before their externship our students need to complete their coursework including Pharmacy Technology classes that cover pharmacy calculations, terminology, and drug distribution methods and systems.
Students are also taught the abbreviations and symbols used when prescribing, dispensing, and documenting medications, as well as the chemical and physical characteristics of drugs. The Pleasant Hill Pharmacy Technology faculty also focus on the important administrative skills and legal guidelines required.
Graduates should leave Carrington College in Pleasant Hill with the necessary skills and the confidence to:
- Display their readiness to sit the CPhT national certification exam*
- Complete the tasks and duties that employers expect an entry-level Pharmacy Technician to perform
- Maintain accurate patient profiles & histories
- Prepare patient prescriptions
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the legal and ethical guidelines of Pharmacy Technology
32% growth projected in Pharmacy Technology jobs
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has stated that Pharmacy Technicians who have successfully accomplished formal programs like the Pleasant Hill Pharmacy Technology degree, or those with previous experience, or those who are CPhT certified, are likely to enjoy employment opportunities in the coming years.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of pharmacy technicians and aides is expected to increase by 20% from 2012 to 2022; that’s much faster than the average for all occupations.** Pharmacy Technology classes are enrolling soon in Pleasant Hill, so now is the time to go for it! Make a call that could change your life; speak to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today.