The field of Medical Assisting is projected to be one of the fastest growing occupations and Medical Assistants are amongst the most versatile healthcare professionals. Students on the Medical Assisting program at our Pleasant Hill, CA, campus learn the skills that employers expect of entry-level Medical Assistants in places like physicians’ offices, clinics, and health care centers. They learn how to measure vital signs, sterilize medical instruments, prep patients, give injections, and undertake front office administration duties.
If you’re looking for medical assisting schools in and around Pleasant Hill, you should think about starting your career with the Medical Assisting (MA) program at the Carrington College Pleasant Hill campus. Why?
- Graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting
- Our Pleasant Hill campus Medical Assisting program prepares students to sit for the national certification exams to attain the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential and the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential.1
- Learn the clinical, lab and admin skills that employers want when recruiting Medical Assistants
- We provide students with practical training and hands-on experience to prepare them for real world jobs
- The MA certificate program can typically be completed in as few as 9 months2
How does Carrington prepare its graduates ?
Graduates of our Medical Assisting program should leave Carrington College in Pleasant Hill with the skills and the confidence to:
- Offer their patients a good standard of compassionate care
- Use an assortment of medical equipment, materials and techniques to carry out diagnostic tests
- Perform clerical duties and process insurance claims accurately and efficiently
- Exhibit their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Display their personal and professional development, while showing respect and responsibility
22% growth! Exciting news for Medical Assisting students in Pleasant Hill!
The Healthcare industry is a growing, dynamic field; new technologies and new treatments are constantly emerging, which combine to increase efficiencies. The industry needs a new generation of medical professionals, which may be one reason why according to ONet Online, employment of medical assistants is expected to grow 22% from 2012 to 2022; that is much faster than the average for all occupations.3
Medical Assisting classes will be enrolling soon at our Pleasant Hill campus, so if you’d like to find out more about how to join one of the country’s fastest growing healthcare professions, talk with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today. It’s time to start preparing for your medical assisting career in Pleasant Hill, California.