Medical Assisting is one of the fastest growing professions in healthcare*, and Medical Assistants are amongst the most versatile healthcare professionals. Students on the Medical Assisting program at our Pleasant Hill, CA, campus learn the skills that employers expect of entry-level Medical Assistants in places like physicians’ offices, clinics, and health care centers. They learn how to measure vital signs, sterilize medical instruments, prep patients, give injections, and undertake front office administration duties.
If you’re looking for medical schools in and around Pleasant Hill, you should think about starting your career with the Medical Assisting (MA) program at the Carrington College California Pleasant Hill campus. Why?
- Graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting
- We prepare students for the Registered Medical (RMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential national certification exams**
- Learn the clinical, lab and admin skills that employers want when recruiting Medical Assistants
- We provide students with practical training and hands-on experience to prepare them for real world jobs
- The MA certificate program can typically be completed in as few as 9 months
The Pleasant Hill Medical Assisting faculty prepares you for licensure**
The Medical Assisting faculty at our Pleasant Hill campus is experienced in their field; they use their knowledge to help prepare students to sit the national certification exams after graduation. These licensure exams are needed to attain the Registered Medical (RMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential.**
Graduates of our Medical Assisting program should leave Carrington College California in Pleasant Hill with the skills and the confidence to:
- Sit the RMA or CMA credentialing exams**
- Offer their patients a good standard of compassionate care
- Use an assortment of medical equipment, materials and techniques to carry out diagnostic tests
- Perform clerical duties and process insurance claims accurately and efficiently
- Exhibit their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Display their personal and professional development, while showing respect and responsibility
34% growth! Exciting news for Medical Assisting students in Pleasant Hill!
The Healthcare industry is a growing, dynamic field; new technologies and new treatments are constantly emerging, which combine to increase efficiencies. The industry needs a new generation of medical professionals, which may be one reason why the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecast that employment of Medical Assistants will grow 34% by 2018; that is much faster than the average for all occupations.*
Medical Assisting classes will be enrolling soon at our Pleasant Hill campus, so if you’d like to find out more about how to join one of the country’s fastest growing healthcare professions, talk with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative today. It’s time to get your medical career started in Pleasant Hill, California.