Imagine if you always had problems breathing, even on a crystal clear Phoenix, Arizona day. The Respiratory Care associate degree program, available right here at our west Phoenix campus, can give students the hands-on Respiratory Therapist training they need to be able to help people who have difficulty breathing due to a variety of conditions, or due to an accident or trauma.
Respiratory Therapists help people with conditions like asthma, bronchitis, lung cancer, or a birth defect; or they treat those recovering from events like a heart attack or stroke. They carry out diagnostic tests, and perform procedures and treatments that can bring relief to patients who very much need, and appreciate their help.
If you’re looking for a Respiratory Care program in Phoenix, then you should definitely investigate the associate degree available here at the Carrington College Phoenix Westside campus:
- Our Phoenix Respiratory Care associate degree program prepares graduates for the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) credentialing exams, such as the Therapist Multiple Choice (TMC) exam and the Clinical Simulation Examination (CSE).1
- The degree program is a motivating combination of classroom instruction, lab exercises, and clinical experience
Take your first step to a Respiratory Care license in Phoenix, AZ
Respiratory Care specialists apply their expertise to practical medical problems that concern the lungs and respiratory system. It is a complex, delicate field and therapists have to employ extensive medical judgment when caring for their patients, which is why a quality education, a professional Certified Respiratory Therapist qualification, and licensure are demanded.
So graduating from our Phoenix Westside campus Respiratory Care associate degree program is just your first step to qualification and licensure. Once you have graduated, you must then sit and pass the NBRC CRT exam to gain the entry-level credentials you need to qualify for state licensure; our program can prepare you for this NBRC credentialing exam.1
Once certified and licensed, Respiratory Care Therapists are able to apply for positions caring for patients with breathing difficulties in a number of medical settings including hospitals, hyperbaric oxygen units, nursing facilities, doctors’ offices, labs, or even on medical flight transports.
When you graduate from our Phoenix Westside campus Respiratory Care degree program, you should have the skills to:
- Demonstrate your aptitude for patient examination and assessment, for treatment recommendation, and for the appropriate therapeutic intervention of various cardiopulmonary diseases
- Display your critical thinking and information management skills
- Consider undertaking further study to qualify as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Breathe life into a Respiratory Care career in Phoenix, AZ
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of respiratory therapists is expected to grow by 19% from 2012 to 2022.2, Our Respiratory Care classes will be enrolling soon at our Phoenix Westside campus, so why not discuss your options with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative?
Click here for outcomes data from the respiratory care program over a three-year time period, as reported in the 2013 CoARC Annual Report of Current Status.