Las Vegas, Nevada Respiratory Care Degree Program
Enroll in our Respiratory Care program in Las Vegas, NV
Classes start as soon as:
Aug 5th, 2013
Las Vegas, NV 89119
The Carrington College Respiratory Care associate degree program, available at our Las Vegas campus, can provide students with the practical instruction, training, and experience needed to help them breathe fresh air into a new career. But graduating from our Vegas Respiratory Care program is just the first step to qualification and licensure. If you’re looking for a Respiratory Care school in Las Vegas, you should consider Carrington College because:
- Our Las Vegas Respiratory Care associate degree program meets the rigorous standards set by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC), and the curriculum prepares students for the NBRC credentialing exam*
- Our curriculum is an appealing blend of formal classroom instruction, lab exercises, and clinical experience
Because Respiratory Therapists have to exercise significant clinical judgment in caring for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders, a Respiratory Care Therapist must be an expert in their field. Applying scientific knowledge to clinical issues relating to a patient’s lungs and respiratory system is a delicate subject, which is why practitioners must have a quality Respiratory Care education, a professional qualification, and licensure.
Hands-on Respiratory Care training in Las Vegas, NV
Certified Respiratory Therapists (CRTs) perform diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments that can bring relief to those who can’t breathe on their own, or have difficulty breathing. They may work in hospitals, doctors’ offices, hyperbaric oxygen units, nursing facilities, labs, or medical flight transports to help patients that may be suffering from conditions like asthma, bronchitis, lung cancer, or have a birth defect. CRTs can also help those recovering from heart attacks and strokes, as well as treating trauma and surgery patients.
Successful graduates of our Las Vegas program must then study for and pass the NBRC Certified Respiratory Therapist exam which measures the essential knowledge, skills, and abilities required of an entry-level Respiratory Therapist. Successful completion of this exam results in the entry-level credential needed to apply and qualify for state licensure.
Graduates of our Las Vegas Respiratory Therapy associate degree program should have the skills to:
- Display their aptitude for patient examination and assessment, for treatment recommendation, and for the appropriate therapeutic intervention of various cardiopulmonary diseases
- Display their critical thinking and information management skills
- Consider further study to qualify as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Listen up Las Vegas! Respiratory Therapist employment expected to rise
The number of available Respiratory Therapist jobs expected to grow 28% by 2020.** This increase in demand is expected to come from a growing middle-aged and elderly population - a development that will likely increase the incidence of cardiopulmonary disease.
Respiratory Care classes will be enrolling soon at our Las Vegas, NV campus. So if you think that now is the time to breathe new life into your career, discuss your thoughts with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative.
Click here for outcomes data from the respiratory care program over a three-year time period, as reported in the 2011 CoARC Annual Report of Current Status.
* Carrington College prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.
**Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2012-13 Ed.).