Citrus Heights, California Medical Assisting Program
Pay attention Citrus Heights! Medical Assisting may be a healthy choice!
Classes start as soon as:
Jun 17th, 2013
Citrus Heights, CA 95621
If you live in Citrus Heights, CA, and would like to work in healthcare, you need to know that it is a growing, dynamic industry; new technology and new treatments are increasing efficiencies and the field requires a new generation of medical professionals to service it. Consequently, Medical Assisting is one of the fastest growing professions in healthcare, and the Medical Assisting program at our Citrus Heights campus is a great place to start your medical career.
Medical Assisting is forecast to grow by 34% in the coming few years*, so studying to become a Medical Assistant at our Citrus Heights campus may be a healthy career choice. If you’re looking for a medical school in the Sacramento metro area, then the Medical Assisting (MA) program at our Citrus Heights campus is certainly one to consider:
- Graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting
- Our Citrus Heights Medical Assisting program provides students with hands-on, practical training and experience
- We prepare students for the Registered Medical (RMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential national certification exams**
- The certificate program can typically be completed in as few as 9 months
Study Medical Assisting in Citrus Heights, CA
Graduates of our Citrus Heights Medical Assisting program have been taught the clinical, laboratory and administrative skills that employers look for when recruiting entry-level Medical Assistants in settings such as physicians' offices, clinics, and health care centers.
The Citrus Heights faculty are knowledgeable, experienced and friendly professionals who prepare students to sit the national certification exams; graduates need to successfully complete these exams to attain the Registered Medical (RMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential required for licensure.** Citrus Heights Medical Assisting graduates should leave Carrington College California with the skills and the confidence to:
- Take the RMA or CMA credentialing exams**
- Provide their patients with compassionate care
- Use a range of equipment, materials and techniques to perform differing diagnostic tests
- Carry out simple patient care procedures
- Execute clerical duties and process insurance claims accurately and efficiently
- Display their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development, and also show respect and responsibility
Get excited Citrus Heights! Medical Assisting is forecast to grow 34%*!
Medical Assisting is a valued, versatile, and respected profession that Citrus Heights students should be excited to join! Why? Because the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecast that employment of Medical Assistants will grow 34% by 2018; that is much faster than the average for all occupations.**
Medical Assistants carry out basic patient procedures; they measure vital signs, sterilize medical instruments, prep patients, give injections, and undertake front office administration duties. Above all, they help the medical facility function more efficiently, allowing healthcare colleagues to offer outstanding patient care.
Classes will be enrolling soon at our Citrus Heights Medical Assisting college, so today is the day to discuss your options with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).
** Carrington College California prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.