If you live in Citrus Heights, CA, and would like to work in healthcare, you need to know that it is a growing, dynamic industry; new technology and new treatments are increasing efficiencies and the field requires a new generation of medical professionals to service it. Consequently, Medical Assisting is one of the fastest growing professions in healthcare, and the Medical Assisting program at our Citrus Heights campus is a great place to start your medical career.
Medical Assisting is forecast to grow by 34% in the coming few years1, so studying to become a Medical Assistant2 at our Citrus Heights campus may be a healthy career choice. If you’re looking for a medical school in the Sacramento metro area, then the Medical Assisting (MA) program at our Citrus Heights campus is certainly one to consider:
- Graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting
- Our Citrus Heights Medical Assisting program provides students with hands-on, practical training and experience
- Our Citrus Heights campus Medical Assisting program prepares students to sit for the national certification exams to attain the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential and the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential.3
- The certificate program can typically be completed in as few as 9 months4
Study Medical Assisting in Citrus Heights, CA
Graduates of our Citrus Heights Medical Assisting program have been taught the clinical, laboratory and administrative skills that employers look for when recruiting entry-level Medical Assistants2 in settings such as physicians’ offices, clinics, and health care centers.
Our Citrus Heights Medical Assisting graduates should leave Carrington College with the skills and the confidence to:
- Provide their patients with compassionate care
- Use a range of equipment, materials and techniques to perform differing diagnostic tests
- Carry out simple patient care procedures
- Execute clerical duties and process insurance claims accurately and efficiently
- Display their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development, and also show respect and responsibility
Get excited Citrus Heights! Medical Assisting is forecast to grow 29%5!
Medical Assisting is a valued, versatile, and respected profession that Citrus Heights students should be excited to join! Why? According to ONet Online, employment of medical assistants is expected to grow 22% from 2012 to 2022.6
Medical Assistants carry out basic patient procedures; they measure vital signs, sterilize medical instruments, prep patients, give injections, and undertake front office administration duties. Above all, they help the medical facility function more efficiently, allowing healthcare colleagues to offer outstanding patient care.
Classes will be enrolling soon at our Citrus Heights Medical Assisting college, so today is the day to discuss your options with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative.
Click here for student outcomes data, based on the most recent annual report submitted to the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB) and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).