Antioch, California Medical Assisting Program
Medical Assisting jobs to grow by 34%*! Not a number to be sniffed at Antioch!
Classes start as soon as:
Jun 17th, 2013
If you’re looking for a medical school in Antioch, then you should consider the Carrington College California Medical Assisting (MA) program at our Antioch campus. Medical Assisting is one of the fastest growing professions*, so joining our Medical Assisting certificate or associate degree program could be a healthy career choice.
Our Antioch Medical Assisting program offers students hands-on, practical training and experience; a valuable mix that employers in doctors' offices, out-patients’ clinics and urgent care clinics look for when reviewing applicant resumes for entry-level Medical Assistant positions. The Medical Assisting program at our Antioch campus:
- Culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting
- Can prepare you for the national certification exam for the Registered Medical (RMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential**
- The certificate program can be completed in as few as 9 months
- Provides students with clinical instruction, classroom lectures, and a practical externship
Listen up Antioch - Medical Assisting is a respected healthcare career
Medical Assistants are versatile, valued and respected employees in most medical facilities. By performing simple patient procedures, such as measuring vital signs, drawing blood, administering injections, and carrying out front office administration duties, they help the facility to function more efficiently, allowing doctors, nurses and other healthcare colleagues to focus on other pressing issues.
The Medical Assisting program at our Antioch campus provides our graduates with the clinical, laboratory and administrative skills that employers expect of an entry-level Medical Assistant. Our knowledgeable, approachable, and experienced faculty members work hard to prepare their students to sit the national certification exams; successful completion of these exams is needed to attain the Registered Medical (RMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential after graduation.** Medical Assisting graduates should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Take the national certification exams **
- Offer patients compassionate care
- Perform a variety of diagnostic tests using an assortment of equipment, materials and techniques
- Carry out simple patient procedures (injections, vitals, patient prep, etc)
- Perform clerical tasks and process insurance claims
- Display their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Demonstrate your personal and professional development, and also show respect and responsibility
Earn your Medical Assistant degree in Antioch, CA
Healthcare is a dynamic, ever changing field; technology is making our industry more efficient than ever before, requiring a new generation of medical professionals. The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecast that employment of Medical Assistants will grow 34% by 2018; that is much faster than the average for all occupations.*
Medical Assisting classes are enrolling soon at our Antioch campus, so now may be the time to talk with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative about getting your Medical Assistant career started.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).
** Carrington College California prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.