Enjoy Student Discounts
According to the Census Bureau, over 19 million students are enrolled in higher education institutions in the U.S.A. One of the great advantages of being a Carrington College student, in addition to the practical real-world education you’re receiving, is the number of student discounts that are open to you!
Whether you’re preparing for day one at school or are counting down to your externship and graduation, make sure to take advantage of your status as a student while it lasts. Think of your student ID as an unofficial form of financial aid!
- Save at the movies – Many movie theaters offer student discounts; for some companies you have to catch a movie on a certain day or time to enjoy the discounted price, while others are more flexible. Ask at your local theater or check online.
- Get on the road – If you’re in the position where you need to get a car to get to your new job, General Motors offers college students and recent grads preferred pricing on most of their vehicles. https://www.gmcollegediscount.com/ip-vpp/
- Discounted car insurance – Many companies offer student discounts on car insurance; quite a few of them require you to be under 25 and maintain a minimum grade average. Speak to an agent or inquire online with the likes of All State, Farmers, Travelers, State Farm, Esurance, etc
- Greyhound travel & shipping -A $20 Student Advantage Card from Greyhound is your ticket to discounts on a number of items, including travel and shipping. Save 20% on Greyhound tickets as well as other savings at participating retailers. Comes with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee!
- Look good while you study – If you like to shop, a number of retail stores offer student discounts. Ann Taylor, J. Crew and Banana Republic are three stores that offer 15% to 20% with a valid student ID. Do a little research on your favorite store and don’t be afraid to ask!
- Food glorious food! – Most franchise chains leave the decision about whether to offer student discounts up to local franchise owners. Ask at places like Chipotle, Subway, Dairy Queen, McDonald’s, Burger King, Arby’s, Buffalo Wild Wings if they offer a ‘hungry student’ discount.
There are also a number of student discount cards available for purchase. These cards work with various brands and businesses, promising their cardholders differing levels of savings in different locations. While we do not advocate any of them, or guarantee the level of savings on offer, we thought we’d give you the details of a couple of them so you can make up your own mind!
- Student Advantage Card – http://www.studentadvantage.com/discountcard/
- International Student Identity Card – http://www.myisic.com/get-an-isic-card.html
The main thing to remember when you’re out shopping, eating, or pretty much buying anything, is to always ask if the business offers a student discount. The worst they can say is no, and they can’t charge you more for asking. That means you’ve got absolutely nothing to lose, and quite possibly a few $$$ to gain! Keep your ID on hand, and a few extra dollars in your pocket.
For comprehensive consumer information on our programs, please visit carrington.edu