Accreditation Blog Series: Programmatic Accreditation
While Carrington College® is institutionally accredited*, did you know that some of our individual programs are accredited too?
Accreditation is a recognition process that affirms the quality of an educational institution or program of study. Institutional Accreditation is when an agency evaluates the institution as a whole, while Programmatic Accreditation is when an agency evaluates a program at the institution.
Some companies that are regulated by state and/or national licensing boards may require potential employees to have graduated from an accredited program in order to be considered for employment.
Carrington College chooses to pursue programmatic accreditation for selected degree and certificate programs, as appropriate.
Here are some examples of programmatic accreditation at Carrington College:
- The Dental Assisting program at the Boise campus is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at 312 440 4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 – 2678. The Commission’s web address is: http://www.ada.org/100.aspx.
- The Medical Assisting program at the Boise, Portland, and Spokane campuses is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), 7777 Leesburg Pike, Suite 314 N, Falls Church, VA 22043, 703 917 9503. The Bureau’s web address is: http://www.abhes.org.
- The Physical Therapist Assistant program at the Mesa campus is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education ( CAPTE ), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314; 703 706 3245; email: email@example.com; website: www.capteonline.org.
- The Registered Nursing program at the Reno campus is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, 404 975 5000, www.nlnac.org.
- The Respiratory Care program at the Mesa, Las Vegas, and Phoenix Westside campuses is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care, 1248 Harwood Road, Bedford, TX 76021 – 4244, 817 283 2835. The Commission’s web address is: www.coarc.com.
Note: Programs are accredited by location, so your campus may have a program that is accredited, even though the same program at another campus isn’t accredited.
For up-to-date information and a full listing of Carrington College’s programmatic accreditation, please see the Accreditation and Approvals section of the catalog or visit the programmatic accreditation section on our website.
*Carrington College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools ( ACICS ), 750 First St. NE, Suite 980, Washington, DC 20002, 202-336-6780, to award associate degrees, bachelor’s degrees (online only), and certificates of achievement. ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).