10 Things We Want For Our Students
Carrington College is and always will be fully committed to the success of our students. You’ve probably already heard or read about our goal; it’s pretty simple. We want to change the lives of our students for the better.
From Registered Nursing to Pharmacy Technology, to Veterinary Assisting, our faculty and staff members don’t just care about your education, they care about you as a person. You are the reason why they go to work each day, why they keep up with the latest developments in their fields, why they spend so much time working with you, assessing your work, helping you to build on your strengths and strengthen your weaknesses.
Our faculty members are so proud that our graduates are recognized as knowledgeable, skilled health care professionals, because that means their hard work has been worthwhile. They want so much for you, but when asked to pick just 10 things that they want for their students, this is their wish list:
- Find your passion – If you love what you are doing, it can help you enjoy greater success in your chosen career. We’re passionate about your education, and we want you to be passionate too.
- Know where to look – We want you to always know where to go for information or help during your time at school. Whether it’s your instructor, your career services counselor, or our student assistance program ASPIRE, help and guidance is always at hand.
- Discover your confidence – It’s okay to say ‘I don’t know’ and ask for help; nobody knows everything. We want you to have the confidence to know that asking for help does not make you ‘stupid’ or ‘inadequate’. It would be stupid to continue on, pretending you understand something that you really don’t, and falling further behind.
- Believe in yourself – If you don’t believe in yourself, how can you expect others to be believe in you? We want to help you build your confidence and self-esteem, and to learn that ‘Yes… I can do this’ applies to you too.
- Life is one long lesson – Learning doesn’t end at graduation. We want you to keep learning and growing throughout your personal life and your professional career.
- Don’t be afraid to fail – The real failure in life is not trying. Learn and grow from your mistakes.
- Always maintain your integrity – Trust is built on honesty, and once broken it can never be truly repaired. We want you to do your absolute best to always keep your integrity because if you lose it, you’ll never get it back.
- Build a support network – Anything in life is more difficult when you tackle it alone. We want you to learn to lean on us, on your family, your friends for support at home and at school.
- Give back – We want you to become a valuable member of both your school community and the wider local community. The old saying that ‘Givers gain’ is very true.
- Be successful – Above all we want to help you change your life for the better. We want you to have the skills and confidence to make a seamless transition into the working world.
For comprehensive consumer information on our programs, please visit carrington.edu
Program availability varies by location.