Looking for a Pharmacy Tech school in or around San Leandro, CA? Then the Pharmacy Technology program at the Carrington College California San Leandro campus might make good reading because:
- Our program culminates in an Associate of Science degree in Pharmacy Technology
- Graduates are prepared for the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) national certification exam*
- Students are taught their skills in a realistic, but simulated pharmacy setting
- They can participate in an externship in a real-world pharmacy in or around San Leandro
The Pharmacy Technology degree program in San Leandro, CA, can provide the skills and knowledge that students need if they hope to pursue a career in a retail or hospital pharmacy setting.
San Leandro Pharmacy Tech program – A healthy dose of knowledge
The students on our Pharmacy Technology program are taught the skills related to the compounding of medications and the charting and dispensing of prescriptions, including drug distribution methods and systems. They learn pharmacy calculations, the chemical and physical characteristics of drugs, and the terminology, abbreviations and symbols used when prescribing, dispensing, and documenting medications.
Our Pharmacy Technology associate degree program also educates students on the legal guidelines and the administrative skills needed for success in this competitive industry. Graduates should leave San Leandro with the skills and the confidence to:
- Display their preparedness to take the CPhT national certification exam*
- Perform all the functions employers expect of an entry-level Pharmacy Technician
- Prepare prescriptions, and maintain accurate patient profiles & histories
- Be familiar with the legal and ethical guidelines of Pharmacy Technology
San Leandro Pharmacy Technology students test their skills
At our San Leandro campus, we believe that experience is a vital part of a good Pharmacy Technology education. Students have to get out there and put their new skills to the test in the real world. You can only absorb so much in a classroom or simulation laboratory, that’s why we ensure that our Pharmacy Tech students get the opportunity to sample a taste of working in a real world pharmacy in or around San Leandro.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) agrees that experience counts. Although they predict that the number of available Pharmacy Technician jobs will grow 32% by 2020** (much faster than the average for all occupations), they suggest that those who have finished formal training, such as the San Leandro Pharmacy Technology degree, or those with previous experience, or those who are CPhT certified are likely to enjoy employment prospects.
Now consider this. Successful San Leandro graduates have completed a formal training program, they have been prepared to sit the CPhT certification exam, and gained experience during an externship. Perhaps a Pharmacy Technology degree from Carrington College California in San Leandro might indeed be a prescription for success. Speak to a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative today; classes are enrolling soon.