The experienced, knowledgeable Dental Hygiene faculty at our San Jose, CA, campus teaches their students the Dental Hygiene Process of Care, which is the framework for planning and implementing personalized oral care programs central to the role of a Dental Hygienist.
As licensed oral health professionals, Dental Hygienists provide their patients with preventive, educational, and therapeutic dental services – If you’ve ever had your teeth cleaned, it was most likely a Dental Hygienist who did it for you. So if you are considering Dental Hygiene training in San Jose, Carrington College should be at the top of your list of programs to consider:
- Successful graduates are awarded an Associate of Science degree in Dental Hygiene
- Students are prepared to sit for the Dental Hygiene National Board and state licensing exams*
- Our program is designed to meet the needs of dentists’ offices, clinics, and hospitals
- Learn the legal and professional requirements of the profession
A polished San Jose Dental Hygiene program
Dental radiography, the administration of local anesthesia, the application of preventive agents such as fluoride, and the provision of oral hygiene instruction to patients – These are just some of the services that we train our students to perform on our San Jose Dental Hygiene degree program.
Not only do we prepare our graduates to offer a full range of dental hygiene services to patients, we ensure that they are prepared for the Dental Hygiene National Board exam, and any necessary state licensing examinations.*
Our aim is to equip San Jose graduates with the knowledge and skills they need to help them enjoy polished Dental Hygiene careers. Our graduates should leave San Jose with the skills and confidence to:
- Sit for the Dental Hygiene National Board and state/regional licensing exams with confidence*
- Communicate with patients and colleagues in a professional manner
- Examine oral structures and record findings accurately
- Offer periodontal treatments such as plaque or stain removal
- Administer local anesthesia, take oral x-rays, apply fluoride and pit and fissure sealants
- Ensure that research advances are applied to the care they provide
Dental Hygienist Jobs expected to increase 33%** – Dental Hygienist classes enrolling soon in San Jose!
If you aspire to join a fast growing profession, then Dental Hygiene is a great career to consider. According to The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts the need for Dental Hygienists is expected to grow 33% from 2012 to 2022., which is much faster than the average for all occupations.**
Dental Assisting classes will be enrolling soon at our San Jose, CA, campus, so speak with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today about getting an education that could bring a little sparkle to your future!