Our Phoenix Veterinary Assistant certificate program prepares students for the duties they will be expected to perform in a vet’s office, animal hospital, shelter, research institution, or zoo. Veterinary Assistants take part in all aspects of animal care; from laboratory tasks, to surgical nursing, to helping with exams. It really is a job for animal lovers, but Vet Assistants will tell you that while it is rewarding, it can also be very tough on your emotions.
From performing clinical work like preparing blood and tissue samples, to assisting vets as they perform medical tests and procedures, to office administration duties, the daily tasks of a Veterinary Assistant are wide and varied. But students at Carrington College in Phoenix receive the hands-on training and priceless experience needed to help them succeed in a career as a Veterinary Assistant. So if you are looking for a Phoenix veterinary school, take a moment to consider Vet Assisting classes at Carrington College in Phoenix, Arizona:
- Graduates of our Phoenix Veterinary Assisting program are prepared to work in all aspects of animal care
- They study a variety of patient services and are taught the clinical, lab, and administrative skills needed to work in a veterinary practice
- Before graduation, students can build their skills and confidence during an externship in a real-world veterinary healthcare setting
Our Phoenix Veterinary Assisting program purrs
Our Phoenix Vet Assisting program can usually be completed in about eight months and successful graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement in Veterinary Assisting. The Veterinary Assisting training that students can receive at our Carrington College campus in Phoenix covers animal anatomy and physiology, nursing skills, surgical procedures, chemistry, animal restraint, as well as office based skills such as computer basics, telephone, and appointment taking; important skills that help keep the office running smoothly.
Successful graduates of the Carrington College Veterinary Assisting program in Phoenix have the skills and the confidence to:
- Collect patient and owner information
- Update and maintain accurate medical records
- Help with diagnostic and surgical procedures, and collect lab specimens
- Assist with radiography and dental prophylaxes
- Display your critical thinking and information management skills
Phoenix, AZ – A ‘purrfect’ place to start a Veterinary Assisting career
Our Veterinary Assisting program will be enrolling soon at our Phoenix campus, so call a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today. If you think that you’d like to work with animals, but you don’t know what direction to take, or what program is right for you, they will talk you through your options.