The Veterinary Assisting certificate program at Carrington College in Mesa, AZ can teach students the skills they need if they wish to work in entry-level positions at animal hospitals, shelters, vets’ offices, research institutions, zoos, or related industries. Veterinary Assistants are involved in all aspects of animal care; their duties cover surgical nursing, laboratory tasks, assisting with exams, and coordination of the veterinary practice.
The Mesa Veterinary Assisting certificate program can typically be completed in as few as eight months and culminates in a Certificate of Achievement in Veterinary Assisting. As one of our Mesa Vet Assisting students you’ll receive the practical training and valuable experience you need to help you succeed in your career. So if you are looking for veterinary schools in Mesa, AZ, consider taking Veterinary Assisting classes with us because:
- The Mesa Veterinary Assisting program teaches students a mix of clinical, lab and administrative duties
- Hone your skills with an externship in an actual veterinary healthcare setting
- Study a range of patient services and gain the basic office skills needed to work in a veterinary practice
Take a bite out of our Mesa Veterinary Assisting program
Our Mesa Vet Assistant certificate program prepares our students for the range of duties they will be expected to undertake in a vet’s office. From performing clinical work like lab tests and the preparation of blood and tissue samples, to assisting vets in a variety of medical tests and procedures, to office admin duties, the daily tasks of a Veterinary Assistant are wide and varied.
The Veterinary Assisting training students receive in Mesa, AZ includes courses on nursing skills, animal anatomy and physiology, surgical procedures, chemistry, animal restraint, as well as office based skills such as computer basics, telephone and appointments.
Once students have successfully completed the Veterinary Assisting program at Carrington College in Mesa, they have the skills and the confidence to:
- Collect patient information and update and maintain patient medical records
- Collect lab specimens, and help with diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Assist with radiography and dental prophylaxes
- Display your critical thinking and information management skills
Mesa, AZ – A great place to start your Veterinary Assisting career
If you know that you’d like to work in animal care, but aren’t entirely sure what direction to take, you should talk to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today about your options. Our Veterinary Assisting program will be enrolling soon at our Mesa, AZ campus, so make the call today.