Boise, Idaho Physical Therapist Assistant Program
Practical Physical Therapy Assistant training in Boise, ID
Classes start as soon as:
Sep 23rd, 2013
Study the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) associate degree at our Boise, ID campus and you’ll soon discover just how ‘hands-on’ the role of a Physical Therapist Assistant is. Physical Therapy has the potential to transform peoples’ lives for the better. When a person’s mobility is decreased due to injury, illness, or age, the specialized care provided by a PTA, under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist, can help them get moving again.
With so much at stake, it is critical that the next generation of Physical Therapist Assistants possess the skills necessary to provide physical therapy rehabilitation services and follow-up care. Students on our Boise Physical Therapy program can learn the skills that future employers will expect of an entry-level Physical Therapist Assistant:
- The program blends classroom instruction with lab practice and practical clinical experience
- The Physical Therapist Assistant program at our Boise campus culminates in an Associate of Science degree, and is usually completed in about two years
- The curriculum also includes preparation for the PTA licensure exam; the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE)*
- The Physical Therapist Assistant program at Carrington College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: www.capteonline.org
Start your Physical Therapist Assistant career in Boise
If you think you would enjoy a career where you could make a genuine difference to the quality of peoples’ lives every day that you go to work, then you should consider becoming a Physical Therapist Assistant. It may well be a good career choice because the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts that employment of qualified Physical Therapist Assistants will increase by 45% through 2020.***
Get your Physical Therapy career moving in Boise, ID
At our Carrington College Boise campus, our students receive expert training on a range of topics including anatomy and physiology, kinesiology, and patient communication, as well as laboratory practice and hands-on clinical experience in the field during a valuable externship at a facility here in Boise, Idaho.
Upon graduation, our students should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Communicate confidently and professionally with patients and colleagues
- Perform a range of physical therapy services while supervised by a licensed Physical Therapist
- Demonstrate their critical thinking and information management skills
Once you have successfully graduated from Carrington College, Idaho state requires you to take and pass the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE), which is the licensure credential needed to work as a Physical Therapist Assistant.**
Our Physical Therapist Assistant degree classes will be enrolling soon at our Boise campus; so now is the time to start thinking about moving your career in a new direction. Discuss your options with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today and get moving. Click here for Student Outcomes as reported in the 2012 Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) Annual Accreditation Report.
* Carrington College prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.
**Licensure requirements may vary by state.
***Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2012-13 Ed.).