“Hindsight is 20/20″
“If I only knew then what I know now…”
There are a number of phrases out there like that, so here’s some great advice from people who have ‘been there, done that!’ at Carrington College California. It doesn’t matter if you’re fresh out of high school studying Dental Assisting, or going back to school to study Criminal Justice for a career change, it’s safe to say that you’ll find one or more of these insights helpful.
- I don’t have to be perfect, I just have to do my best…
- There can only be one smartest person in the class…if it’s not me, that’s OK.
- My instructors enjoy helping if I’m having difficulty…they live to see that light bulb moment!
- There’s really no such thing as a ‘stupid question’ if I’m sincere…
- Approaching big problems in bite size chunks really does help.
- My failures will teach me just as much as my successes.
- Other peoples’ success isn’t down to luck, but hard work.
- I can’t fit three days worth of work into one night!
- Faculty members are here to help me; I should ask as many questions as I need answers to.
- There’s no time to be shy… I’ve got to get out there and be visible!
- Life will throw me curveballs; all I can do is be prepared and hope for the best.
- I’ll only get as much out of this experience as I’m prepared to put into it.
- One bad grade will not ruin my career.
- A skipped class can never really, truly be caught up…
- I’m not the only one struggling with this concept… even if it doesn’t look like it, others are having difficulty too.
- I must press ‘save’ more regularly and back my stuff up…
- My externship is the most valuable 6 weeks of my college life.
- Now’s the time to start building the good habits that I can transition into my new career.
Program availability varies by location