Massage Therapy is the provision of therapeutic massage and other body conditioning treatments, usually delivered in clinical settings, spa environments, or in a client’s home. Students at our San Leandro Massage Therapy program soon learn that there is much more to massage than relieving stress-filled muscles.
Our Massage Therapy program provides students with the hands-on skills they need to help them enjoy success in a healthcare profession that is growing at a faster rate than average.1 Our Massage Therapy faculty in San Leandro endeavor to surpass your expectations, so that one day you will exceed those of your clients; here are a few things you need to know about our San Leandro Massage Therapy college:
- The program culminates in a Certificate of Achievement in Massage Therapy
- You will be taught massage techniques including Swedish Massage, Shiatsu, Sports Massage, Pre-Natal Massage, Deep Tissue, Spa Techniques, Chair Massage, and Reflexology
- The faculty blend classroom lectures and lab work
- Students participate in a clinical externship in or around San Leandro
- The certificate program can normally be completed in as few as 9 months
Massage your skills on our San Leandro Massage Therapy program
As well as a variety of massage techniques and other manual and energetic therapies, San Leandro Massage Therapy program students are taught classes that cover human anatomy and physiology. And because many students aspire to run their own massage therapy business one day, our program also covers topics that deal with the business of massage, such as marketing, accounting, and basic management skills.
Graduates of our San Leandro Massage Therapy program should have the skills to:
- Take the National Certification Exam/MBLex2 with confidence
- Utilize a range of massage techniques safely and proficiently
- Use specific therapeutic techniques for the treatment of specific client areas
- Demonstrate their excellent communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Work in a chiropractor’s office, day spa, medical massage therapy clinic, sports facility, health club, or resort
- Exhibit their personal and professional development
- Show respect and responsibility to colleagues and clients
Growth in Massage Therapy is faster than average San Leandro!1
As the public continues to recognize that regular treatments from a qualified Massage Therapist can not only relieve their stresses and strains, but improve general health and well-being, Massage Therapy will continue to gain in popularity and more trained professionals will enter the profession. In fact the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecast the employment prospects for massage therapists will grow over the next several years as more people learn how massage therapy can positively impact their health. It is expected that employment of massage therapists will increase by 23% from 2012 to 2022..1
Massage Therapy classes will be enrolling soon in San Leandro, so speak with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today and get yourself a practical, hands-on education that could not only ease the stresses of others in San Leandro, but maybe also your own!