Pomona, California Veterinary Technology Program
Vet Tech jobs projected to grow 36%* - A number to get your teeth into Pomona!
Classes start as soon as:
Jun 24th, 2013
As the veterinary field continues to grow more specialized and technical, the demand for highly trained individuals grows as well. And as a nation of animal lovers, it should be no surprise that Veterinary Technology is a rapidly growing profession. Veterinary Technology is a career that animal lovers should consider, but prospective Vet Tech students in Pomona need to know that it can be a demanding job. You have to be both tough and compassionate.
Graduates of our Pomona Veterinary Technology degree program should have the skills and the confidence to apply for entry-level positions in places like vets’ offices, animal hospitals, and shelters to name just a few. If you have dreamt of working with animals, here are 6 things you should know about the Veterinary Technology degree at our Pomona campus:
- It culminates in an Associate of Science degree in Veterinary Technology
- We apply a skills-based approach to teaching our program
- Students benefit from a combination of classroom theory, practical instruction and hands-on experience
- The Vet Tech curriculum includes an externship in an animal care facility in or around Pleasant Hill
- Graduates are prepared to take the California Registered Veterinary Technician State Board Examination**
A hands-on Vet Tech program right here in Pomona
Hands-on care is so important to this profession that it makes sense for our Pomona Veterinary Technology students to get plenty of skills-based experience before they graduate. Vet Techs may carry out a wide range of duties in a veterinary practice; from helping with lab tests, to office administration tasks, to surgical nursing. Our students do have formal classroom lectures, but they also get the chance to work with live animals and animal simulators in lab practice sessions practically every day.
Students also benefit from the experience of working side-by-side with faculty members in actual veterinary settings in Pomona. And while the program does give emphasis to the fundamentals of anatomy, physiology, chemistry, and biology, it is not intended to be a pre-veterinary program.
Graduates of our Pomona Veterinary Technology college should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Take the State Board Examination to become a Registered Veterinary Technician**
- Collect patient information and maintain medical records
- Assist veterinarians as they perform diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Collect lab specimens
- Assist with radiography and dental prophylaxes
- Demonstrate their critical thinking and information management skills
Prepped for success by a Veterinary Technology degree program in Pomona
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has predicted that the number of available Veterinary Technician jobs will grow 36% by 2018; that's much faster than the average for all occupations.* The Pomona Veterinary Technology faculty provide their students with the knowledge, training, and practical experience they need to help them succeed in this growing, but competitive profession.
Veterinary Technology classes will be enrolling soon at our Pomona campus, so make a call that could change your life and speak with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative today.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).
** Carrington College California prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.