Las Vegas, Nevada Physical Therapist Assistant Program
Physical Therapist Assistant students get hands-on in Las Vegas!
Classes start as soon as:
Sep 23rd, 2013
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Our Las Vegas, NV students soon discover that a Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) is a truly ‘hands-on’ role. A PTA provides physical therapy services to patients with conditions that limit their mobility and therefore their capacity to live their normal daily lives. Whether performing manual therapies or applying therapeutic heat and cold modalities, supports or dressings, a Physical Therapist Assistant always works under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist.
Students on our Las Vegas, NV Physical Therapist Assistant associate degree program can learn the skills and gain the knowledge that employers will expect an entry-level Physical Therapist Assistant to have; here’s how:
- Our Las Vegas Physical Therapist Assistant associate degree is typically completed in as few as two years
- Our program combines classroom instruction with lab practice and practical clinical experience
Our Las Vegas faculty prepare students to sit the PTA licensure exam; the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE)*
Get your Physical Therapist Assistant training in Las Vegas, NV
Our Las Vegas students receive formal training in anatomy and physiology, kinesiology, and patient communication, as well as lab practice and practical, real world clinical experience during a valuable externship at a facility here in Las Vegas.
Graduates of our Las Vegas PTA degree program should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Communicate confidently and professionally with patients and colleagues
- Carry out a range of physical therapy services under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist
- Display your critical thinking and information management skills
The Physical Therapist Assistant training program at our Las Vegas, NV campus culminates in an Associate of Science degree. Once you have successfully graduated from Carrington College, most states will require you to then study for, and pass the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE) which is the licensure credential needed to work as a Physical Therapist Assistant.*
Las Vegas, NV – a great place to start your Physical Therapist Assistant career
The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts that employment of qualified Physical Therapist Assistants will increase by 45% through 2020.**
So if you think you may enjoy working in a role where you could make a genuine difference to the quality of peoples’ lives then you should discuss your options with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative. Our Physical Therapist Assistant classes will be enrolling soon at our Las Vegas campus; now is the time to start thinking about moving your career in a new direction. Click here for Student Outcomes as reported in the 2012 Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) Annual Accreditation Report.
* Carrington College prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.
**Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).
***Licensure requirements may vary by state.