Boise, Idaho Dental Hygiene Degree Program
Looking for a Dental Hygiene school in Boise, Idaho?
If you’re searching for a Dental Hygienist school or college here in Boise, you should consider attending Dental Hygiene classes at our Carrington College campus because:
- Our students are prepared to meet the legal and professional requirements of the role
- Our program is designed to meet the needs of potential employers in dental offices, clinics, and hospitals
- Boise graduates are trained in preventative, educational, & therapeutic oral care services
- Students are prepared to sit the Dental Hygiene National Board and state licensing exams*
Our Boise Dental Hygiene program, culminating in an Associate of Science degree, offers students the hands-on, real-world training they need to help them succeed in a Dental Hygienist career. Our Dental Hygienist students are trained in skills that include dental radiography, the administration of local anesthesia, the application of preventative agents such as fluoride, and the provision of oral hygiene instruction to patients.
Boise Dental Hygiene students can enjoy healthy opportunities
Dental Hygiene is forecast to be one of the fastest growing occupations over the next few years. In fact, the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts that the number of available Dental Hygienist jobs will grow 38% between 2010 and 2020.**
Our Boise Dental Hygiene program sparkles
The experienced instructors at our Boise Dental Hygiene College are more like mentors or coaches, than teachers; they want their students to succeed personally and professionally and that makes a refreshing change. They work hard to familiarize their students with the framework for developing and delivering personalized oral care programs for patients, and prepare graduates to take the Dental Hygiene National Board and state licensing examinations that are needed to receive a license to practice Dental Hygiene.* (Licensure requirements may vary by state.)
Graduates of our Boise, Idaho, Dental Hygienist associate degree program should leave Carrington College with the skills to:
- Observe, monitor, and record oral abnormalities
- Perform dental radiography
- Administer local anesthesia
- Apply preventative agents like fluoride
- Apply fissure sealants
- Perform periodontal therapies (i.e. plaque and stain removal)
- Communicate professionally with patients and colleagues
- Apply research advances to the services you offer
- Demonstrate your proficiency in critical thinking and information management
Those figures would suggest that the opportunities are out there for graduates of our Boise, ID Dental Hygiene program; classes are enrolling soon so shouldn’t you discuss your options with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative?
* Carrington College prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.
**Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2012-13 Ed.).