22% growth from 2012–2022
(Much Faster Than Average) 1
36 weeks 2
2. Certificate program only. Not including breaks.
How easy is it to get a job as a Medical Biller and Coder?
Like anything else, getting hired will depend a lot on you and nobody can say for sure how easy or difficult it will be. But, according to O*NET OnLine, employment in this field is growing much faster than average, with 252,500 job openings projected between 2012-2022.3
Top four reasons to enroll in Carrington College’s online Medical Billing & Coding program:
- Jobs in the field are expected to grow 22% from 2012-20223.
- The program is FAST…you could be a Medical Biller & Coder by this time next year!
- Your tuition stays the same through the length of your program4.
- You can get your education in your pajamas!
4. Fixed Tuition Promise is available for all Carrington College students who remain active and in good standing during the duration of their program. Students who withdraw or are withdrawn from school and are not reinstated within 180 days of their last date of attendance are subject to a tuition increase. Students who are required to repeat a course to fulfill graduation requirements are subject to additional expenses.
Where can you work as a Medical Biller and Coder?5, 6
Working in a dynamic and fast paced environment, hospitals code and bill a large number of insurance submissions. As a result, medical billers and coders work with a wide range of patient services and medical conditions.
These medical billers and coders receive and verify medical submissions from health care providers before processing those submissions for payment. There can be many divisions working in a traditional office environment.
Many individual physicians or independent medical practices specialize in a single area of medicine. They usually have small teams that code and bill procedures for payment from insurance companies, and often work on tasks to help the office run smoothly.
Many medical clinics treat a wide variety of patients and medical conditions. They may see many patients each day. As a result, you could become familiar with billing and coding for multiple areas of medicine.
Many dental practices offer a small office staff and the ability to specialize in one area of medical billing and coding. These offices are a great choice if you want to work in a smaller team environment where you can focus your skills on a single medical specialty.
3rd Party Billing Services
Contracted by a variety of medical facilities, third party billing companies use medical billers and coders to process all of their incoming accounts. Environments can vary from small office teams to large corporate divisions.
5. Carrington College does not guarantee employment, nor employment within specific locations, facilities or salary ranges.
6. Individuals seeking to enter this career field may be subject to screenings such as, but not limited to, criminal background checks and drug/alcohol testing prior to externship, to attain occupational licensure/certification or employment, and throughout their careers.
What is online education like?
You Need Focus
From phones buzzing and beeping to people all around you, there are plenty of distractions. You’ll need a quiet place where you can focus and concentrate.
You Need To Write
Online learning means you'll be submitting your assignments with written responses. So it's pretty important that you’re comfortable writing.
You Need Self-Discipline
You have more freedom to study around your schedule. You'll need to stay motivated, learn the material, and meet all your deadlines.
Technical requirements for online learning7
- Tech specifications: Intel P3 or equivalent AMD processor, 50MB RAM, 20MB free hard drive space.
- Operating system: Windows XP or newer, or Mac OSX 10.7 or newer.
- Browser: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari.
- Internet Access: 56kb/s modem or faster.
- Software: Latest versions of Flash and Adobe Reader.
- Tech specifications: Intel P4 or equivalent AMD processor, 512MB RAM, 1GB free hard drive space.
- Operating system: Windows 8 or newer or Mac OSX 10.9 or newer.
- Browser: Mozilla Firefox.
- Internet Access: high-speed internet (cable or DSL).
- Software: Latest versions of Flash and Adobe Reader, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
7. For a complete list of technical requirements, please visit online.carrington.edu
Fixed Tuition Promise
On our feathers' honor, and our personal commitment to you, we promise that your tuition will stay the same through the length of your program.8
8. Fixed Tuition Promise is available for all Carrington College students who remain active and in good standing during the duration of their program. Students who withdraw or are withdrawn from school and are not reinstated within 180 days of their last date of attendance are subject to a tuition increase. Students who are required to repeat a course to fulfill graduation requirements are subject to additional expenses.