14% growth from 2014–2024
(Much Faster Than Average)1
2. Certificate program only. Not including breaks.
How easy is it to get a job as a Medical Administrative Assistant?
Getting a job doing anything probably isn’t the easiest thing you’ll ever do and landing one of those jobs depends a lot on you. That’s why nobody can say for sure how easy or hard it might be. According to ONet Online, the need for medical secretaries is growing by 14%. That’s more than twice the average for all other occupations, projecting over 163,800 job openings between 2014 and 2024.3
Top four reasons to enroll in Carrington College’s online Medical Administrative Assisting program:
- Jobs in the field are expected to grow 14% from 2014-20243.
- The program is FAST…you could be a Medical Administrative Assistant by this time next year!
- Your tuition stays the same through the length of your program4.
- You can get your education in your pajamas!
4. Fixed Tuition Promise is available for all Carrington College students who remain active and in good standing during the duration of their program. Students who withdraw or are withdrawn from school and are not reinstated within 180 days of their last date of attendance are subject to a tuition increase. Students who are required to repeat a course to fulfill graduation requirements are subject to additional expenses.
Where can you work as a Medical Administrative Assistant?5, 6
Hospitals can be active and fast paced environments seeing and treating many patients in a day. That means, medical administrative assistants work with a wide range of patient services and medical conditions.
Working for doctor's offices usually means working as part of a smaller staff where you may have broader responsibilities. That could include everything from managing medical records to bookkeeping and interacting with patients and their families.
Many medical clinics treat a wide variety of patients and medical conditions. They may see many patients each day. As a result, you could become familiar with a variety of medical areas.
Nursing homes vary and often need medical administrative assistants to handle the clerical side of caring for residents. They may offer a professional office environment and more predictable hours than hospitals or doctor’s offices.
Dentists tend to employ medical administration assistants as a member of a small staff. These positions can offer a wide range of responsibilities and are a great option if you want to work as part of a smaller team.
Specialty Medical Centers
These facilities also hire medical administrative assistants as part of their office staff. These positions can often hold a wide range of responsibilities from taking patient calls to the scheduling of procedures to the ordering of medical supplies.
5. Carrington College does not guarantee employment, nor employment within specific locations, facilities or salary ranges.
6. Individuals seeking to enter this career field may be subject to screenings such as, but not limited to, criminal background checks and drug/alcohol testing prior to externship, to attain occupational licensure/certification or employment, and throughout their careers.
What is online education like?
You Need Focus
From phones buzzing and beeping to people all around you, there are plenty of distractions. You’ll need a quiet place where you can focus and concentrate.
You Need To Write
Online learning means you'll be submitting your assignments with written responses. So it's pretty important that you’re comfortable writing.
You Need Self-Discipline
You have more freedom to study around your schedule. You'll need to stay motivated, learn the material, and meet all your deadlines.
Technical requirements for online learning7
- Tech specifications: Intel P3 or equivalent AMD processor, 50MB RAM, 20MB free hard drive space.
- Operating system: Windows XP or newer, or Mac OSX 10.7 or newer.
- Browser: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari.
- Internet Access: 56kb/s modem or faster.
- Software: Latest versions of Flash and Adobe Reader.
- Tech specifications: Intel P4 or equivalent AMD processor, 512MB RAM, 1GB free hard drive space.
- Operating system: Windows 8 or newer or Mac OSX 10.9 or newer.
- Browser: Mozilla Firefox.
- Internet Access: high-speed internet (cable or DSL).
- Software: Latest versions of Flash and Adobe Reader, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
7. For a complete list of technical requirements, please visit online.carrington.edu
Fixed Tuition Promise
On our feathers' honor, and our personal commitment to you, we promise that your tuition will stay the same through the length of your program.8
8. Fixed Tuition Promise is available for all Carrington College students who remain active and in good standing during the duration of their program. Students who withdraw or are withdrawn from school and are not reinstated within 180 days of their last date of attendance are subject to a tuition increase. Students who are required to repeat a course to fulfill graduation requirements are subject to additional expenses.