Gainful Employment Disclosures
Select from the dropdowns below to view the appropriate Gainful Employment disclosure.
15% growth from 2014-2024
(Much faster than average growth)2
About 1 year (Certificate)3
Less than 2 years (Associate Degree)3
1. Program availability varies by location
2. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Surgical Technologists, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/surgical-technologists.htm (visited May 04, 2016).
3. Not including breaks. Program length by weeks and admission requirements can be found here in the academic catalog.
Classes start soon!*
Which Locations Offer the Surgical Technology Program?
How Easy Will It Be to Get a Job as a Surgical Technologist?
Working in an operating room presents exciting opportunities and challenges. You’ll play an important role in assisting with surgeries and helping make a difference in peoples’ lives. There are no guarantees when it comes to finding a job, but the opportunities are out there. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there will be an additional 14,700 jobs for surgical technologists from 2014-20244. There are some great reasons for this growth, including:
- Advances in medical technology have made surgery safer, and more operations are being performed to treat a variety of illnesses and injuries.
- The aging of the large baby-boom generation is expected to increase he need for surgical technologists, because older people usually require more operations.
- As these individuals age, they may be more willing than previous generations to seek medical treatment to improve their quality of life5.
Where can you work as a Surgical Technologist?
As a surgical technologist working in a hospital, you’ll maintain a proper sterile field during surgical procedures. You’ll also scrub arms and hands, and assist the surgical team to scrub and put on gloves, masks and surgical clothing.
Outpatient Care Centers
You’ll prepare, care for and dispose of tissue specimens taken for laboratory analysis. You’ll also wash and sterilize equipment, and prepare dressings or bandages and apply or assist with their application following surgery.
You’ll prepare patients for their procedures, including positioning patients on the table and covering them with sterile drapes to prevent exposure. You’ll also monitor and continually assess room conditions, including patient and surgical team needs6.
A Program That Can Take You From Classroom To Operating Room.
As technology continues to advance, what surgeons are able to do to help patients will only grow more impressive. The need for trained surgical technologists to assist in those procedures provides a great opportunity for you. In Carrington College’s Surgical Technology program, our qualified instructors will prepare you for your career. You’ll receive a combination of theory and practical surgical experience, giving you the knowledge you need and the hands-on training that will help you succeed. You’ll complete an externship, with real-world experience and the ability to participate in a minimum of 120 surgical cases by the time you graduate. In Carrington College’s Surgical Technology program, you’ll get the skills and training you need to be able to:
- Demonstrate proper aseptic techniques
- Set up instruments, equipment and sterile drapes
- Help prepare specimens for laboratory analysis
- Pass instruments and sterile supplies to surgical team members
iPad mini™ in the Classroom7
Carrington College students can leave those heavy backpacks at home. Starting this year, we’re replacing books with an iPad mini™8. That iPad mini™ will be loaded up with the books needed for class, bringing technology into the classroom to enhance teaching and learning.
7. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
8. Not available in all programs or at all locations.
How Does Carrington College Support Me As A Student?
We know college is a big step. But education can be the first step in building a better future. Your instructors, administrators and fellow students are there to help if you ever hit a bump in the road along the way. Carrington College offers a lot of great student support services designed to help you succeed, including:
From scholarships and grants to loans, we will help you understand how to search and apply for financial aid9.
Tutoring and Study Groups
For help with schoolwork, your instructors and Student Success Center staff are often available for tutoring or you can join in an open student study group.
Fixed Tuition Promise
How would you like to know what you’re going to pay, right from the beginning? We promise your tuition won’t change through the length of your program. It’s our commitment to you10.
Externships, Clinical Rotations and Fieldwork
Most programs include an opportunity to learn in the real world before you even graduate! You’ll earn impressive experience that looks great on your resume.
After graduation, we’ll help you with your career search with everything from resume writing help to job search support to interview tips.
Support Outside the Classroom
You’ll have access to a confidential11 service called ASPIRE. Specialists can help you work through personal problems, legal issues, childcare referrals, housing assistance or financial concerns.
9. Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
10. Fixed Tuition Promise is available for all Carrington College students who remain active and in good standing during the duration of their program. Students who withdraw or are withdrawn from school and are not reinstated within 180 days of their last date of attendance are subject to a tuition increase. Students who are required to repeat a course to fulfill graduation requirements are subject to additional expenses.
11. All information shared with the ASPIRE program is strictly confidential unless the student consents otherwise or law requires.
COMPARE THE VALUE
There are a lot of factors to think about when choosing a college, and you want to make sure you’re asking the right questions. That’s why we’ve created this comparison chart, to help you do your homework about what’s included in the cost of your program.
Outcomes Assessment Exam Disclosure for Students Graduating Between 8/1/2014 and 7/31/2015, as reported in the 2016 ARC/STSA Annual Report
Percent of Students Who Passed CST Exam